Walmart starts Holiday Clearance on Monday, tweets its post Christmas sale.
It will start early in the morning at 5AM your local time. On Monday, December 26 Walmart will begin its post big Christmas sale discounting three types of products at 50 percent.
"We're kicking off our holiday clearance on Monday at 5am. Check your local store to confirm opening time," the giant retailer tweeted on Sunday evening.
Christmas candy, toys and seasonal home decor items will be priced at the 50 percent discounted rate. On its website the company has already started the clearance sale, calling it its "biggest clearance event of the year."
Walmart was closed today due to the Christmas holiday. The stores will open on Monday at 5AM. The company advised consumers and shoppers to check their local stores to confirm opening time.
In the meantime, the nation's retailers had better holiday sales compared to last year. While the final numbers of the 2011 Holiday sales will not be released until January 12 of 2012, the figures are promising.
The National Retail Federation on Dec. 15 raised its holiday sales estimate to a 3.8% increase from 2010. The previous estimate was 2.8 percent. Good weather and Christmas Eve falling on a Saturday helped to bring more last minute shoppers.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood