As I moved into a new town and county about four years ago, knowing no one except my new husband, and having a brand new last name.
So here's what I did
- I volunteered to do Open Houses for other agents in my office.
- I signed up for up-time (floor time).
- I volunteered at a town event where we had a booth.
- I sent notes to neighbors introducing myself and was invited to a neighbor's party where i met some people.
- I took every kind of lead I received.
- I stopped by other agent's open houses to introduce myself and get to know the inventory.
- I learned the MLS and studied data on homes in the area.
So how did that work?
I now go to the grocery store and liquor store and bump into people I know. I have a bunch of great friends right down the road. I've gone to weddings and dinners and movies with people I didn't know a few years ago, and oh, by the way, I've made some money also!
Just get out and meet people! That's the best strategy.
Kat Palmiotti, The House Kat
Real Estate Agent / Monroe, NY
Better Homes & Gardens Rand Realty, Monroe NY Real Estate, 914-419-0270
Mobile (914) 419-0270