Over three days on the Grand Parade, overlooking the River Lee, mayhem and colour will be set loose, with musicians, food, street performers, and fun.
St. Patrick's festival took place on Saturday and Sunday 14th and 15th of March with family entertainment, while the parade takes place on the traditional Tuesday 17th of March. Marking the U.N. International Year of Astronomy, the Cork St. Patrick’s Festival and Blackrock Castle Observatory are hoping to build on the success of last year’s theme ‘Monsters of Marsh’, celebrating with the theme ‘Cosmic Chaos’.
A food market will be held on the footpath of the Grand Parade and the Boardwalk, South Mall on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday.
NASA astronaut Dan Tani leads the parade on St. Patrick's Day as Grand Marshal. It will begin at approximately 1.00pm at South Mall, travelling via Grand Parade, St. Patrick's Street, turning onto Merchant's Quay and culminating at the junction of Merchant's Quay and Parnell Place.
Read more about St. Patrick's Day celebrations here.
By Discover Ireland.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?
- Fish oil may prevent junk-food brain damage
- Fans request Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts, and get it
- 5 reasons to love wine spritzers
- The Sharks Come Out on The Chew and the Crew Gags
- Justice served: 'food porn' photo lands ID thieves in jail
- 105-Year-Old Granny's secret to a long life: Bacon, and lots of it