Can a woman’s ability to orgasm be at the tip of her finger? A study in the September issue of The Journal of Sexual Medicine suggests that the greater the sensitivity at the tip of a woman’s finger the higher likelihood of her achieving orgasm during vaginal intercourse.
Researchers found that those with greater tactile sensitivity had a higher likelihood and more frequent orgasms during vaginal sex. Additionally, women with less tactile sensitivity (who were identified as having immature defense mechanisms), meaning their ability to relate intimately to the opposite sex is poor, were less likely to achieve orgasm through sexual intercourse.
Touch linked to sexual satisfaction
“Touch is one of the most critical senses associated with sexual satisfaction,” said Dr. Irwin Goldstein, editor-in-chief of The Journal of Sexual Medicine and director of sexual medicine at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego. “This study demonstrates that diminished sensitivity coupled with poor psychological response mechanisms may lead to less satisfying sexual experience for women,” he added.
Dr. Goldstein said sexual satisfaction has proven to be a vital part of women’s overall well-being. Overall the study concludes that there is a connection between physical touch and psychological development. Women who were more sensitive to physical sensations through the tip of their fingers and were more self aware and in tune with their partner have a higher likelihood of experiencing orgasms during vaginal intercourse.
The study focused on 70 female university students, aged 18-30, who had finger sensitivity measured via von Frey type microfilaments, a system used to measure skin sensitivity. The subjects completed the Defense Style Questionnaire, the Marlowe-Crowne social desirability scale, and provided details regarding ability to orgasm over the course of one month.
Written by Laura Gilbert
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season