Here are five ways to deal with home closing delays.
1. Be in constant contact with the loan officers the weeks before closing. Whether on the listing or buying side, the communication with loan officers will be your biggest clues to problems that may be lurking with the loan.
2. Check in often with your clients. Did they quit their job, buy a new car? These are big clues a problem could be happening they don't even know about it!
3. Visit the building site frequently. If you are dealing with new construction, it pays to be on site. Little problems add up to long delays in closing if left for the walk throughs.
4. Communicate with the other agent. Learn each others business style and try to work as a well oiled machine to get things done. The less stress for your clients, the smoother the closing.
5. Don't schedule back to back closings! The domino effect is catastrophic and so upsetting to all parties, that giving yourself a buffer is the ideal.
- 12 Best Advices for Real Estate Newbies: Who To Watch In Your Office
- Should Realtors Preview Homes Before Showing Buyers?
- How Can Realtors Deal with Client Emotion and Irrational Decisions
Real Estate Agent / Huntersville, NC
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas Realty