Stage Locations: In case you are just showing up for the festival, jot down the locations of the various stages. The Petrillo Music Shell is located at Jackson & Columbus Dr. The bands start later in the day at the Petrillo compared to the other two main stages. The Illinois Lottery Taste Stage is located at Balbo & Columbus Dr. Each day the ILT Stage has a different theme for its performances. The Best Buy Stage is located in Grant Park at Jackson & Lake Shore Dr. The Family Village and The Fun Stage are both located at the southwest corner of Columbus & Jackson.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
- Petrillo Music Shell. The music starts at 5:30 pm at the Petrillo Music Shell. Today's opening act is Teairra Mari, after which Trey Songz takes the stage to close out the evening.
- The Illinois Lottery Taste Stage. The theme for today is Variety Day and singer & songwriter Claire Stahlecker kicks off the day from 12-1 pm. The sounds of tropical pop ring out across the crowd when Od Topo Imi takes over from 1:20-2:20 pm. If jazz and funk are your style, Tim Seisser's got it from 2:40-3:40 pm. Skybox takes the stage from 4-5 pm. From 5:20-6:20 pm Sons of the Never Wrong bring us some good folk music, and then the Occidental Brothers Dance Band Int'l featuring Samba Mapangala closes the day with African Music and Dance from 6:40-8 pm.
- Best Buy Stage. Today's lineup starts off at 11 am when Singing In The Abbey takes the stage from 11 am-12 pm. After lunch, Beckon Q steps up from 2-3 pm, followed by Rob Stone & The C-Notes from 3:30-4:30 pm. Single Helix ends the evening from 5-6 pm.
Family Village Activities. There's plenty to do in the Family Village today. The activites start at 11am and are being held at the southwest corner of Columbus & Jackson. Children can enjoy a variety of activities.
In addition to the new activities, the following activities are still being offered: a Jumping Jack inflatable (11 am-5 pm) and face painting, crafts, and games (11 am-6 pm).
Morning and early afternoon activities include: Games & Activities as a part of Healthy Farmers Market Eating with Fresh Connections (11 am-3 pm), Fun & Healthy Activities with United Healthcare (11 am-7 pm), the Healthy Kids Challenge – Walk Through the Pyramid (11 am-7 pm) and an opportunity to meet Mayor Daley’s Bicycle Ambassadors (11 am-7 pm).
Roving entertainment is being provided by Jason Kollum, a stilt-walker and juggler who will be wandering around the Family Village from 3-7pm.
Afternoon activities include: The Museum of Science & Industry is offering Interactive Activities from 3:30-7 pm.
Fun Time Stage. It's Healthy Kids Day today, and the event is being hosted by United Healthcare. The day starts at 11:30 am with Stretch-n-Grow, Fabulously Fun Fitness for Kids! Then get ready for
Family Bootcamp with Dewayne Montgomery at 12:20 pm, as he brings us Kobra Fitness (cardiovascular, calisthetics & core exercises for all fitness levels). The pace changes up a bit when Mindful Practices brings Hip-Hop Yoga starting at 1:10 pm.
At 2:15 pm Greg Christian, Chicago’s Conscious Caterer, helps participants to learn about identifying and cooking with local and organic foods in his You Are What You Eat! presentation. At 3 pm get ready for a cook-off with the Healthy Kids Challenge: Ready, Set, Cook, Eat, then at 4 pm Miss Lori and The CAMPUS Kids take the stage to present an Awesome Health Tour. ComedySportz takes the stage at 5 pm, and then PKay’s Health & Fitness Hoop Aerobics closes out the day at 5:45 pm.
Grab your friends and family and head on down to the Taste of Chicago 2010 festival!
- Ready for a Taste of Chicago? Come get it starting Friday
- Hotels Where Taste of Chicago 2010 Visitors Can Stay
Written by Sandi Bird