June 26th is Day 2 of the Taste of Chicago 2010 festival. Between sampling the the seemingly endless variety of great food, Taste of Chicago 2010 visitors will also experience some great live music. No matter what your preferred style, one of the Taste of Chicago 2010 stages is bound to have it during the 10 day festival. Each day's schedule includes live music, book signings, fireworks and other performances.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
- Petrillo Music Shell. The music starts at 5:30pm at the Petrillo Music Shell. Today's opeing act is Band From TV (opening act) followed by Gavin Rossdale.
- The Illinois Lottery Taste Stage. The theme for today is Garage Rock. Model N opens it up from 12 -1pm followed by Johnny & The Limelites from 1:20-2:20 pm. Taxi rocks the house from 2:40-3:40 pm, then Mannequin Men take the stage from 4-5 pm. The Yolks wow the house from 5:20-6:20 pm and White Mystery closes the day from 6:40-8 pm.
- Best Buy Stage. Today's lineup starts off at noon with Karla Sue & The Very Blue playing from 11:00 – 12 pm. At 12:30 Lifeline takes the stage for an hour. The Jimmi Langemo Band performs from 2:00 - 3 pm. Get ready to listen to Hag from 3:30 - 4:30 pm, and end your day with Uncle Bob, Ms. Etta & The Bluzers from 5:00 - 6 pm.
Family Village Activities. The Family Village activites start at 11am today and are being held at the southwest corner of Columbus & Jackso . Children can enjoy a variety of activities which include facepainting, a Jumping Jack inflatable (11am-5pm), It's Kids Time! (11am-7pm), Polar Play Time with Shedd Aquarium (11am-7pm), making a Reading is Art-rageous button (11am-2:30pm), the Illinois Wing, Civil Air Patrol: Come Fly With Us – Everything Aviation (11am-3pm), Brookfield Zoo's Great Bear Wilderness activities (11am-7pm), and they can even learn to play chess with the Illinois Chess Association Warren Junior Scholars (3:30-7pm).
Book signings. There are three book signings today. At 12pm co-host of Everyday Food and overseer of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia's food group, Lucinda Scala Quinn will be signing two of her books: Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys and Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast. At 2pm nutritionist, consultant, author and frequently spotlighted TV personality Diane Henderiks will be signing her books. Then at 4pm Chef Keith Jones will be signing his book, "Cooking up Your Dreams."
Fun Time Stage. The Fun Time Stage located at the southwest corner of Columbus & Jackson has a variety of entertainment scheduled for today. The day startd at 11:30 am when the Shushybyes take the stage. Ella Jenkins takes the stage at 12:45 pm and is followed by Kidz Clog & Cloggin’ Craze at 1:45 pm. The Blast from the Past Dancers from Linda’s Dance Studio (2009 Taste of Talent All-Star) begin at 2:45 pm leading into Gospel Motion of Praise at 3:05 pm. At 3:35 pm Just Us Kids of the All City Elementary Youth Chorus steps into the spotlight. The day is closed out by a Step & Drill Team Showcase, Stomping at the Taste, at 4:30 pm.
- Ready for a Taste of Chicago? Come get it starting Friday
- Hotels Where Taste of Chicago 2010 Visitors Can Stay
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season