Stage Locations: In case you are just showing up for the festival, jot down the locations of the various stages. The Petrillo Music Shell is located at Jackson & Columbus Dr. The bands start later in the day at the Petrillo compared to the other two main stages. The Illinois Lottery Taste Stage is located at Balbo & Columbus Dr. Each day the ILT Stage has a different theme for its performances. The Best Buy Stage is located in Grant Park at Jackson & Lake Shore Dr. Both the Family Village and the Fun Stage are located at the southwest corner of Columbus & Jackson.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
- Petrillo Music Shell. The music starts at 5:30pm at the Petrillo Music Shell. Brett Dennen is the opening act, followed by Mat Kearney.
- The Illinois Lottery Taste Stage. The theme for today is Salute to the 80s and the entertainment starts with some 80s Trivia and a "Best 80s Fashion" contest from 12-1 pm. 16 Candles hits the stage from 1:20-2:20 pm, followed by more 80s Trivia and the "Best 80s Hair" contest from 2:40-3:40 pm. Libido Funk Circus has the stage from 4-5 pm, and then Audiodrive takes over from 5:20-6:20 pm. Hairbangers Ball is the closing act from 6:40-8 pm.
- Best Buy Stage. Today's entertainment begins at 11 am. Taroniah Rice kicks it off from 11 am-12 pm, followed by Black Love Affair from 12:30-1:30 pm. Just Infinite has the stage from 2-3 pm, and then Jennifair takes over from 3:30-4:30 pm. Camille G. Brown closes from 5-6 pm.
Family Village Activities. There's plenty to do in the Family Village today. Children can enjoy a variety of activities starting at 11am .
In addition to the new activities, the following activities are still being offered: an Insect petting & worm composting demo (11am-3pm), a Jumping Jack inflatable (11am-5pm), and face painting, crafts, and games (11am-6pm).
Morning and early afternoon activities include: the opportunity to Launch A Rocket with Adler Planetarium staff (11 am-2 pm), joining the Museum of Science & Industry as they Explore Science (11 am-2:30 pm), enjoy Little Rocker Activities with 93XRT (11 am-7 pm), and meet Mayor Daley’s Bicycle Ambassadors (11 am-7 pm).
Afternoon activities include: games & displays with the US Customs & Border Protection (2:30-7 pm), a Teddy Bear Clinic hosted by the University of Chicago Comer Children’s Hospital (3-7 pm), and the opportunity to learn about energy conservation, recycling & more with information from the US EPA (3:30-7 pm).
Fun Time Stage. It's Little Rockers Day today, and the event is being hosted by 93XRT. The day starts at 11:30 am with the XRT Show broadcasting live. The School of Rock takes the stage at 12:30 pm, followed at 1:30 pm by Rock For Kids. At 2:30 pm the XRT Show takes over again, until 3:30 pm when Old Town School of Folk Music presents Young Stracke All-Stars & Friends. The Dreamtree Shakers Quartet, also presented by Old Town School of Folk Music takes over at 4:30 pm, and 2nd Thought closes it out at 5:30 pm.
- Ready for a Taste of Chicago? Come get it starting Friday
- Hotels Where Taste of Chicago 2010 Visitors Can Stay
Written by Sandi Bird on June 26, 2010