Blue Apron's ambitious food service takes the latest advice from obesity experts. Eat fewer prepared store-bought meals and get back in the kitchen.
Thanks to Blue Apron you can eliminate the shopping and have a ready answer to the daily question, "What's for dinner?"
A Brooklyn based start-up with plenty of funding, Blue Apron can deliver three meals worth of fresh ingredients each week plus the recipes for easy preparation.
Here are the basic facts:
- Complete meals with 500-700 calories per serving
- 35 minutes or less to prepare
- Premium, fresh ingredients and an emphasis on sustainable suppliers
- Pre-portioned ingredients to save you time and reduce waste
- Easy to follow, beautifully printed recipe card
Don't like it after a week? Just let Blue Apron know and you're off the hook.
Variety is the spice of life and you are guaranteed to get out of any food rut you are in. How about these?
- Steak salad With Chicory, Curried Chickpeas, Walnuts and Apples
- Quinoa "Fried Rice" with Tofu
- Salmon Burgers and Corn on the Cobb with Basil Butter
Ok, they aren't the most familiar of recipes, but that is the point.
From Blue Apron's website:
"Each recipe will introduce you to new ingredients and preparations as a way to help you learn new things and spice up your routine. Our goal is to make it easy for you to create restaurant-quality meals at home and have fun while doing it!"
Many folks have longed for the income to afford a personal chef, whether for time-saving purposes or to keep them on a healthy eating plan.
While a human being doesn't pop out of the delivery box, customers buy chef-quality recipes and the food necessary to create them.
Since it is a start up, Blue Apron doesn't deliver in all 50 states yet, but they aim to.
Check out the website for all the answers to questions I'm sure you already have.
Image: Blue Apron