Fans have now seen more than a glimpse of a very outspoken Asia, full of opinions and bravado. It wasn't pretty on the latest edition of Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition.
UPDATE---Dec. 12, 2012--- Asia made it to the final three, bumping off Amanda, but couldn't manage to win the whole thing. Read about how it all went down and who won, here. Original story follows:
Asia lived to fight another day as she triumphed over poor Amanda, sent home after a circus themed dance routine. Read: Asia has nine lives
Once again Amanda's form was "flawless" as one judge told her, but she couldn't do an approximation of Asia's facial expressions.
Only Brianna and Madison are left standing to challenge the seven year-old dancer, gymnast and emotive queen on next week's finale of Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition.
We are left to wonder if nasty mom Yvette knew what she was talking about when she hated on little Asia and her mother Kristie.
Asia cannot be stopped despite her lack of technique and Yvette tried to warn us. Read: Yvette's plot backfires.
On last night's episode, "Cirque du Solos" Asia didn't win the group challenge that got the winner two tickets to the N.Y. premiere of Cirque du Soleil's latest production.
Despite her talent on the balance beam, Asia lost out to Amanda but more than made up for it when she realized that the circus and acrobatic solos were right in her wheelhouse.
From the get-go Abby screamed at Asia's three competitors to get with the program on the facial expressions. It emboldened Asia to get catty and boastful.
"Madison we need you to use your face," Abby said. Pointing and yelling at her mother, "Get a video camera out, tape her face and see what she looks like. She has all this talent but we could chop her head right off and put her head (pointing to Asia) on her body." Ouch.
From then on the moms and their daughters other than Amanda were in critical mode about Asia.
Asia was told by mom Kristie that the girls were gunning for her because the judges love her performances. The word "performer" was used in a derogatory way to characterize Asia's style.
She was called a performer, not a dancer on multiple occasions behind her back, but that didn't bother Kristie who said:
"Asia can learn to point her toes, but some people are just not born with the gift Asia has with her expressions."
Asia knew that Amanda was the weak link and said so. "Because how strong I am and how my facial expression kills her." Even Kristie seemed taken aback.
Just prior to her taking the stage for her solo Asia warned her fellow dancers. "Anyone who thinks I"m going home tonight, they're wrong, No one is gonna touch me. If they touch me, I'm coming back with claws and big ones."
In the solo performances, little Asia was given one that played to her strengths. She portrayed a caged animal, giving her the opportunity to make her face go wild.
Something happened that stunned the other competitors and their moms. The audience along with judges Richy Jackson and Robin Antin gave her a standing ovation. It was all about the face.
Brianna had to perform as a clown and she finally got her expressions down right. Madison had a lyrical routine, a style she excels at. She did enough emoting to get past the judges' comments.
Amanda was too many steps below the performance expression level expected and wanted, so she was sent packing.
Think Brianna and Madison are scared stiff? You bet they are.
Lifetime airs new episodes of Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition on Tuesday nights at 6:00 p.m. ET. Image: Lifetime/Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More