The Biggest Loser took another step in its child obesity initiative with a demonstration of how to engage kids in activity that is fun.
In the adult competition, it was finally time for Team Blue to lose a weight challenge and send someone home, on the latest episode of NBC's The Biggest Loser.
That person was David. More on how that came to be in video posted below.
Sunny and Biingo get their friends and schoolmates moving.
Lead by example, was the theme of last night's show and the trainers challenged the kids to do something that got those around them interested in being in better shape.
Sunny came up with an idea for circuit training. Her space wasn't a gym. Instead she got set up in her school gymnasium for fun and calorie burning exercise.
The Phys Ed teacher allowed Sunny to take over the class for a day and all got a got sweat, but smiles as well.
Multiple stations were set up to engage the class in challenges like The Biggest Loser does with the adults, but in milder form.
Sunny encouraged, laughed and participated as well. Her leadership skills were impressive. Her goal is still set. She wants to look fabulous in a prom dress and she is well on her way.
Biingo's lead by example exercise was a bit more straight forward.
He's already set up a team of kids that meet up on Saturday's at a local park to throw a ball around, play touch football and other outdoor activities.
Biingo promised his coach Bob that he would add to the number of the group and he did so. He asked for help to recruit others to get up and to the park each weekend.
The rallying cry worked and with Biingo able to move better on his broken foot that is almost healed, he was having a blast.
What's fabulous about what The Biggest Loser is doing to get the kids in shape is that it is a natural process rather than regimented. They remain at home with their families, attend school, but are engaged in Skype conferences with the trainers each week. They get to learn new work out techniques and receive love and encouragement from Jillian Bob and Dolvett.
How Team Blue lost David
In a switch from the usual team weigh-in procedure, only one person from each team was chosen to face the scale.
The person who lost the highest percentage of his or her body weight for the week carried the team to victory.
Team White triumphed and what an accomplishment it was.
Danni spent her second week as a team of one and she not only won the activity challenge but managed to lose enough to outpoint Team Red's Joe and Team Blue's Jeff.
Both men outweighed her by almost 100 pounds and Team White leader Jillian Michaels expected the worst, but was shocked into euphoria when Danni won.
The Team Blue decision to release David, while sad and gut wrenching for all, was a unanimous choice.
His leg brace was a hindrance to his ability to engage in the kind of intensive workouts that will now become necessary to keep losing the big numbers that win the weight challenges.
The Biggest Loser cameras caught up with him after he returned to his police beat in his hometown and David had succeeded in losing more than 80 lbs. since he started the show. He looks great.
NBC airs new episodes of The Biggest Loser each Monday night beginning at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT Image: NBC/The Biggest Loser, David
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?