Final songs were sung last night on NBC's The Voice. Did Terry's technical problems while singing hurt his performance and shot at winning the whole thing?
A ninety-minute show on Monday night was stretched to the limit with finalists singing new songs for judging purposes and repeat performances of their signature moments.
They also performed duets with their coaches and participated in the moving and wonderful opening of the show, a tribute to the murdered children and adults in Newtown, Connecticut.
As Christina Aguilera noted, it's hard to maintain the kind of energy required to give a smashing performance when you're singing that many songs in one night.
When Terry took the stage to sing his final song of the competition, "Broken Wings" a technical snafu occurred that interfered with sound coming from his earpiece.
He hesitated just a smidge and instead of coming strong with the first few bars of the song, he sounded tentative and not himself.
Fans didn't know what happened until it was pointed out by Adam Levine, who got it immediately.
He praised McDermott's perseverance in the face of adversity and gave Terry an A for effort.
But, was that the best song for him to sing in the finale?
It didn't have the resonance of his other choices and seemed a bit out of his high vocal range.
That happened in the face of an enormously fun and rousing medley from Nicholas David, who performed "Great Balls of Fire" and Jimi Hendrix's "Fire".
A standing ovation was given to him and it reinserted some joy into the competition.
Cassadee Pope sang "Cry" a Faith Hill number that was straight in her wheelhouse. She knocked it out of the park.
Meanwhile, the most fun of the night came from a duet by Terry and Blake Shelton of "Dude Looks Like a Lady" when an unnamed guitarist did a bit of a solo, bare chest and all. See video posted below
It was Adam Levine and he got the girls going once again.
The results show starts tonight at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. Guest performances are expected to dominate the proceedings. Image: NBC/The Voice
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna