Dr. Oz and Weight Watchers kick off Dr. Oz's Transformation Nation: Million Dollar You Monday September 26, as part of season-long viewer challenge.
The producers of Dr. Oz, the award-winning, nationally syndicated daily talk and information program just announced a season-long viewer health challenge, in partnership with Weight Watchers.
Its aim is to lead viewers through seven steps towards optimum health, each with its own completion criteria. Semi-finalists will be chosen and then a panel of judges will narrow down 10 finalists with the grand prize winner being voted on by viewers.
Weight Watchers tip to jump start exercise: start with just 5 minutes.
REGISTER FOR CHANCE TO WIN: You must be registered to participate and have a chance to win the grand prize and can do so at www.doctoroz.com.
Here are the steps to follow in the "Million Dollar You" challenge:
Participants must work with Weight Watchers and get weighed to calculate their individual BMI. This can be done on the company's website or at a meeting close to you. The weigh-in and BMI calculation are complimentary to participants once registered for the challenge.
There will be questions related to your family's health history the answers to which will assist the professional weight-loss professionals to determine whether you are getting enough sleep, your stress level and how to add fitness to your life.
Connecting your doctor into the process and learning how to gain support from friends and family are two keys to success. One lucky person who completes all seven steps will walk away with $1 million dollars.
Dr. Mehmet Oz was quoted in the program's press release about the link-up with Weight Watchers as saying, "I have been saying for years that we need to make it easy for you to do the right thing, and now we have. Every person has the right to look and feel like a million bucks, so we decided we would make $1 million available as motivation. The great news is that even if you don't win the cash, you still win in the long run by getting healthier."
A spokesman for Weight Watchers International said. " We're thrilled to be partnering with Dr. Oz to help transform America's health," said company's President, North America, Dave Burwick. Working together, we can reach a nation at risk. Recent estimates show that by 2030 – in less than 20 years – 65 million more Americans will be obese.
The Dr. Oz program is nationally syndicated. Check local listings for the time and channel in your area.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?
- Fish oil may prevent junk-food brain damage
- Fans request Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts, and get it
- 5 reasons to love wine spritzers
- The Sharks Come Out on The Chew and the Crew Gags