E! presented its slate of returning and new shows at the media "upfronts" this week. The Kardashians, Joan Rivers and Ryan Seacrest were in attendance.
E! Entertainment's upfront presentations to media in New York featured a host of the network's stars including the Kardashians, Joan Rivers, the Jonas Brothers and more, with the event hosted by its favorite son, Ryan Seacrest.
The Kardashian family's list of reality shows, other than "Khloe and Lamar" were renewed in April for three more years. At the upfront, Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian announced a hiatus for their show, ostensibly to accommodate Mr. Odom's return to the NBA and basketball.
Odom's career was thrown into turmoil this year after a trade from the L.A. Lakers to the Dallas Mavericks. "Khloe and Lamar" covered the effects on the couple's personal life as he became unable to perform with the upheaval.
TMZ.com reported that the show was canceled but Khloe Kardashian corrected that with a statement issued today. ""Our show is not canceled. Lamar and I have chosen just to take a break this summer," Kardashian said. "We just want to take a little time off for Lamar to be with family time, kids, basketball, Olympics, you never know. So, we have a lot on our plate right now."
Among others in attendance at the N.Y. media meetings were Chelsea Handler, Whitney Cummings, Joel McHale, Kelly Osborne, Ice-T, and happy couple Giuliana Rancic and hubby Bill Rancic. The Rancics just announced that they are expecting a baby, carried by a gestational surrogate. That full story and video clip, here.
So what's new and fun from E!? Ad Age reported on another singing contest show from one of the producers of American Idol and two new family oriented reality shows. "Married to Jonas," which follows the marriage of Kevin Jonas and Danielle Deleasa; "Mrs. Eastwood," about Clint Eastwood's wife and children; and "Opening Act," the latest singing show from Nigel Lythgoe, a producer on "American Idol.
Other projects in the works are shows being developed by Kevin Spacey, John Wells and Phillip Noyce, with an announcement expected soon about another 100 hours of original programming.
And the network will have a brand new look and slogan come July 2012. The Hollywood Reporter carried the news, "The new look and feel, which includes a “Pop of Culture” tagline, will bow Monday, July 9 with the premiere of the channel’s just announced Nigel Lythgoe-produced music series, Opening Act. "
E! Entertainment's rebranding has been in the works for a while, but it was after the elevation of Suzanne Kolb, former marketing chief to the role of the network's president that it came to be. According to THR, "The emphasis now will be placed on E!’s unique spin on and access to popular culture.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More