Fashion Police, E! Network's weekly critique of celeb fashion was without Kelly Osbourne's presence on Friday night but Joan Rivers, Giuliana Rancic and George Kotsiopoulos were in attendance.
A special Fashion Police guest was rolled out in the post-Olympics glow. None other than gold medal winning swimmer Ryan Lochte made a guest appearance looking fabulous.
Lochte is reportedly trying to decide if he wants to be the star of the next "Bachelor" on ABC, pick a partner for the network's "Dancing With the Stars", or perhaps he'll just do both.
First he had to deal with the over-the-top questions from Joan Rivers. How much of your body do you shave? You know, that kind of Rivers' cringe-inducing inquisition. Answer: pretty much everything except my head. OK now.
Despite being dressed in Ralph Lauren on the outside, Rivers got him to reveal what he wore under the designer suit. Lochte stripped down to his red, white and blue Speedo. "Now I finally feel comfortable," he told the panel.
The Must See Looks of the week:
5) Lady Gaga in an Hermes fur, pooch under her arm on a rope line with fans in the country of Bulgaria. Joan's first remarks were reserved for the fur coat on a summer day when the temperature reached 88 degrees.
"She was sweating more than Paris Hilton at a free clinic," Rivers began with. George K complimented Gaga on looking like a "lady" with shoes that weren't sky high, a pin-stripe dark dress underneath the silver-grey fur.
Giuliana Rancic pointed out the obvious conflict for Gaga. She has declared herself anti-fur and yet she was in an enormous and expensive Hermes fur coat. Big dilemma for Gaga fans, Giuliana opined.
4) Robert Pattinson in Gucci. There was the recently cuckolded lover of K-Stew at the premiere of his movie "Cosmopolis". He was dressed n a medium blue suit, midnight blue shirt and tie, a big 50's pompadour and a scruffy beard.
"R-Pat's broken up with K-Slut," Joan explained when asked why the gorgeous young star was alone. George complimented him on the skinny pants look, saying Rob has the physique of a runway model. The blue-on-blue was different enough in tone for George to pronounce him looking "incredible."
Giuliana Rancic pronounced Rob, "breakup-hot." All agreed.
3) Pink in Norma Kamali. The singer stepped out in Santa Monica in a black, knee-length, long sleeve, tight dress with cut-outs at the elbows, midriff and sides. Joan Rivers observed that Pink looked like she was in a knife fight, there were so many cut-outs in the dress.
George thought it was fabulous for Pink's edgy image, while Rancic hated it. "I'm so sick of the dresses full of holes. I think it's desperate, rather than edgy." Ouch!
2) Jennifer Hudson in a hot pink mini-dress at an event in the Hamptons. It got raves but to Joan it seemed wrinkled across her hips and at the elbow on the sleeves. George K poo-pooed that complaint and zeroed in on the cool black flat shoes with silver studs.
"Anyone who can get away with wearing flats at night and not looking schlumpy is OK in my book," the stylist remarked. Giuliana Rancic called George crazy. Despite the flats being from designer Christian Louboutin. "They're made for shorts or jeans, something totally different. They're a mismatch."
1) Christina Aguilera in an outfit that Rancic said wasn't from a designer, and she couldn't even guess, "...which store at the mall has this." Meow.
At a press junket to promo the new season of NBC's The Voice, Xtina was dressed in multiple black and white layers of slacks, jacket and top. Joan congratulated her for looking like she "...ate Jessica Simpson. It screams future yeast infection."
A black cropped jacket was too tight, according to Rivers and George actually called her hair and makeup something worn by a drag queen. The final word was from Giuliana who told Xtina to spend some of the millions she's made on a good stylist. "She should look like a million bucks not four bucks."
Fashion Police is aired on E! Friday nights at 10:00 p.m. Photos of the stars who were critiqued on the show and much more can be found at the show's website.
Read more Fashion Police reports here at HULIQ and catch updates at my Twitter page: firstname.lastname@example.org Image: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims