Rush Limbaugh took the opportunity to bring abortion into the media firestorm about the not-guilty verdict rendered by the Casey Anthony jury.
Name calling, never in short supply on political talk radio programs or cable news shows got a bit uglier, in the 24 hours since Casey Anthony was acquitted of killing her daughter Caylee.
Bernie Goldberg, former CBS reporter and a current contributor to Fox News went off on last night's Bill O'Reilly show. In a bit of venting about his fellow Fox political analyst and network host Geraldo Rivera, Goldberg gratuitously threw the "R" word into the mix.
Mediaite.com reported that Goldberg told O'Reilly, that he doubted the Latino Rivera would “be so open-minded” if the victim in this case were “a Hispanic immigrant."
This was in rebuttal to Geraldo's statements that after an interview with defense counsel Jose Baez, he came away believing that Casey Anthony wasn't a monster of a mother. He specifically told Bill O that “the record is conclusive, this is a good mother.”
It took Goldberg aback and so much so that he decided to accuse Rivera of casual racism because after listening to all the testimony, Geraldo didn't espouse the same view as Bernie.
More Goldberg quotes, "I wonder if Geraldo and others who think like Geraldo would be so open minded if, let’s say, a militia man in Arizona was accused of killing a Hispanic immigrant and the evidence was similar to this case– a mountain of circumstantial evidence.”
Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh decided to veer over to another favorite topic of his, abortion. He found a new angle from which to examine the not-guilty verdict and the overwhelming negative response by most media members. Limbaugh lambasted them by using the same tactic as Goldberg, presuming their reaction if the facts were less favorable to them.
"What I don’t understand about it is they’re all card-carrying liberals. When does the death of a child bother them? I’ve never seen them get so upset over the death of a child. If the child had died – what – two years earlier in the womb this woman would be a star. She’d be a hero," Limbaugh told his audience.
He then gave advice to Nancy Grace, Jane Velez-Mitchell and others who filled the airwaves with venom towards the Anthony jury.
"You people in the media, if you really, really think she’s guilty and you want to feel better about this, just tell yourselves that she waited a couple of years to get an abortion and you’ll feel better.”
Headline News anchors Grace and Velez-Mitchell are watching the clock tick until it is time for Casey Anthony's sentencing on Thursday. Dubbed "Countdown to Sentencing", HLN has a digital read out of the hours, minutes and seconds until the presiding judge announces his decision in the matter.
Expect more fireworks, if one can imagine that, if Ms. Anthony is set free despite her conviction on four counts of lying to the police.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims