What does the Honey Boo Boo Child do between seasons of her hit reality TV show? She makes personal appearances for good causes, says mother June.
Alana Thompson, a/k/a Honey Boo Boo drew crowds over the weekend for a charitable cause at a two retail outlets nearby her McIntyre, GA home.
Alana's Facebook page was updated on Monday with the great news and even TMZ has photos of the hordes that flocked to get her autograph or be photographed with her.
"Well finally laying down im (sic)SO excited we reached our personal goal this weekend with raising $1000 for the anti bullying campaign," wrote Mama June.
Most of the money was raised via sales of t-shirts by The Brand-UR who partnered with June and Alana to create the special shirts that tie bullying in with Halloween.
The shirt reads: "Boo Boo, Scare Away Bullying" on a background of a haunted house.
The boutique Lucy Lu's in Douglas, Georgia used the day and the Honey Boo Boo appearance to collect money for breast cancer awareness.
On the boutique's own Facebook page, the shop owner posted the custom-printed t-shirts that were available for the occasion.
In stunning hot pink, the shirts were available for purchase in the store or via mail. A little pig with a crown on its head is pictured with the phrase: "No pigs allowed. Honey Boo Boo Child. Lucy Lu's Boutique."
According to TMZ, Alana was a trooper for the three-hour appearance, posing sweetly with all who wanted photos. June grew exhausted after the second appearance of the day and unlikely as it seems so did Alana.
June said when her daughter is tired it means she's getting sick, so they packed up their stuff and left Sugar Bear and the other kids to mingle with the folks. Fans have seen Alana show amazing stamina on the show.
Who could forget her birthday party when she was probably the last person standing, or rather using the slip and slide. Read: A Happy Birthday with party and all.
When little baby Kaitlin came home from the hospital she was literally bouncing off the furniture waiting for her arrival. Read: Family trumps pageants for Honey Boo Boo.
Late Monday Rosie O'Donnell announced that she has become addicted to the TLC show, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo who she likened to a child star of 70 years ago, Shirley Temple.
She expressed a desire to get the family into a better home. June has turned down an offer from her TV network to upgrade their living quarters, claiming she wants to keep the family "real" and grounded.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV