Travel Channel is bringing Hotel Impossible back for a second season and it debuts December 3. Get ready for more of Anthony Melchiorri saying what he wants to troubled hotel owners, no matter how it sounds
The man who changes the fortunes of hotels is back for another season of tough love. Travel Channel announced it via a press release.
Thirteen hotels are on deck for Melchiorri's patented process of sizing up the problem, firing employees who must go, re-designing lobbies, rooms and even renaming the place if necessary.
While he is the master of all, he has help and plenty of it. Hotel Impossible features makeovers that are executed in less than a week, sometimes in the span of 72 hours.
Designers such Blanche Garcia, Casey Noble and Alison Victoria work to physically transform each troubled hotel and they perform miracles.
The first show of season 2 takes Melchiorri and gang to Puerto Rico.
The most difficult part of the makeover occurs when Melchiorri realizes that a family member or longtime associate of the owner is a major reason the hotel is failing.
That is part of how he restores Caribe Playa Beach Resort, an establishment on the edge of the sandy beaches in Puerto Rico. It has failed to turn a profit since 2006.
The family member happens to be the wife of the owner. Nothing is trickier, although last season the Hotel Fixer fired someone's mother. Talk about Freudian...
George Engle, owner of the Caribe Playa resort had to be told that without ousting his wife Francis from her position as general manager, Melchiorri could not help him.
Once that was out of the way, the front desk area had to be blown up and re-configured, while the guest rooms needed a re-design.
From the press release: "Upcoming episodes feature major transformations including: Bromley Sun Lodge, Peru, Vermont; Delaware Water Gap Country Club & Inn, Delaware Water Gap, Penn.; Glacier Bay Lodge, Yakutat, Alaska; The Hotel Leger, Mokelumne Hill, Calif.; Maui Sunseeker Resort, Maui, Hawaii; Palm Springs Travelodge, Palm Springs, Calif.; Periwinkle Inn, Cape May, N.J.; Telemark Resort & Convention Center, Cable, Wis.; Triangle T Historic Ranch, Dragoon, Ariz.; and more.
All the fun starts on Monday night December 3 at 10:00 p.m. ET. Image: Courtesy of Travel Channel, Anthony Melchiorre
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog