Get ready for fireworks as Anthony Melchiorri and the Travel Channel take us to Cape May, NJ tonight. The Periwinkle Inn needs help and Anthony is ready to roar.
Hotel Impossible took its roadshow to a historic site along the southern-most tip of the Jersey shore.
Cape May, NJ is known as the oldest seaside resort town in America.
It's quaint with historic buildings, and is as removed as can be from the Seaside Heights location that made Snooki and JWoww famous. It's a mere ferry ride away from the Delaware shore towns.
The owners of the Periwinkle Inn are in trouble and as one has come to expect, not necessarily happy with Anthony Melchiorri's advice, opinions or his fix for their establishment.
Periwinkle Inn isn't periwinkle in color. Rather it seems that pink, mauve and purple dominate the decor both inside and out.
Catch the photo of the Inn's lobby-pre renovations posted above, and more at the show's website. Link posted below.
How will it all end? Tune in tonight at 10 p.m ET/9 p.m. CT to catch it all.
We love us some Anthony Melchiorri each and every week, but viewers don't get to see Anthony's handiwork after the final scenes of each show.
We get some facts about the hotel fixer's locations in the closing credits sequences.
Some hotels are thriving and using his suggestions and others can't make it.
Next Monday we get a break from a new Hotel Impossible show, but get so much more.
Get ready for "Hotel Impossible After Anthony" and trips back to some of the program's hot spots. Have they taken his advice?
Revisit The Dude Rancher Lodge – Billings, MT; La Jolla Cove Suites – La Jolla, CA; The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa – Livermore, CA; Ocean Manor – Fort Lauderdale, FL; The New Yorker – Miami, FL; and The Dream Inn – Daytona Beach, FL.
Remember The Dream Inn? That is one of the places that Anthony decided a family member had to go to save the place. Watch a clip from the show posted below.
Cindy and John, a near-retirement couple and their son Jody had made a mess of things. Read the full story, here.
It wasn't until Melchiorri learned that Jody was being overruled by his mom Cindy and the decisions were at the heart of their trouble.
Seems that Cindy was impeding progress as simple as painting the outside of the joint to make it more appealing.
While all were happy when it was over, the proof is in the after-Anthony experience. Get your popcorn ready folks.
Link to photos of Periwinkle Inn. Image: Travel Channel/Hotel Impossible Hotel Periwinkle lobby prior to changes
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?