Khloe Kardashian won't get a DNA test to prove who fathered her and it is getting mother Kris Jenner crazy. The season premiere of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" covered it. Video posted below
Keeping Up with the Kardashians opened its latest season of shows where Khloe & Lamar left off the previous week --- with the subject of Khloe's paternity.
Because the E! reality series is taped well in advance, the topic of Kris Jenner's affairs during her marriage to first husband Robert Kardashian and the resulting furor over Khloe's "real" father that dominated headlines earlier this year came back to the fore.
The memoir written by Kris and promoted in the spring as well as the statements from two of Robert Kardashian's other ladies in the post-Kris era, sparked the mess. Jenner publicly admitted her mistakes about cheating on Robert, while Robert supposedly told both other women that Khloe was not his child.
In the Khloe & Lamar season finale, Khloe is faced with the prospect that without a DNA test she'll never know the truth. She chooses to let it go while her mother insists that it is best for her daughter to deal with it, put the incessant Internet rumors to bed and go on with life.
In last night's season premiere, the mother and daughter have nasty words on the subject and Khloe takes her mother to task about her seeming obsession with the issue. Although the video posted below doesn't include the foulest of the language, thanks to E! Entertainment we have some quotes.
"Seriously, my dad is Robert Kardashian. My other dad is Bruce Jenner," Khloe said. "If you f***ed other people during the same time and you do not know, go on Maury!"
Khloe has decided that her mother is the one that needs the proof and the closure. "It's not about me," she said. "It's actually about Mom."
In a show of support for her husband and the first verbal proof that Khloe takes her marriage more seriously than her relationship with her mother, she says, "I appreciate your letter and it means a lot to me, [but] I am an Odom anyway. I'm not a Kardashian anymore, so let's move on."
On the subject of "Odom", husband Lamar and Khloe have put the third season of their reality show on hold for the time being. Lamar Odom's emotional troubles forced his leave-taking from the Dallas Mavericks of the NBA. Read: Lamar Odom and the Dallas Mavericks part company.
After a failed trade of Odom by the Lakers, he asked to leave the team when they could not guarantee he would not be included in another trade this season. His time in Dallas was a failure on the court and the team put him on inactive status prior to the end of the season and the Mavericks' appearance in the NBA playoffs. Read: Lamar Odom surrounded by death in off-season
The team was swept in four straight games by the OKC Thunder and when splitting their shares of the playoff bonus money, decided to keep Lamar off the list of those receiving compensation. Odom now faces a tough task to convince some team, any team, that he will show up and perform as expected when the new NBA season opens in late October.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season