The Peanut Buster treat can be ready in a flash without ever turning on the stove. Here's how you do it.
Peanut Buster ice cream cake can be as homemade as you like. One quick way to make it simple is to use commercial chocolate syrup.
While making your own can give you a sense of accomplishment, if time is never on your side try it this way:
Peanut Buster Torte
1 standard size (15.25 oz) package of original Oreos
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
1 stick butter
1 bottle Hershey's Chocolate Syrup (17.5 oz)
1 1/2 cups Spanish peanuts
Crush Oreos using a rolling pin or pop them in the food processor. The butter should be melted and ready to combine with the cookies that by now you have placed in a mixing bowl. Be careful to make sure the butter is evenly distributed.
Press the mixture in a 13x9 baking pan. For ease of removing the dessert when serving, place wax paper in the pan and be certain it goes up the sides of the pan. Put in freezer for no less than one hour.
Soften the ice cream and spread it over the frozen crust then pop back into the freezer. Once it has formed, remove and pour the syrup over the ice cream. For those who aren't chocolate lovers (yes there are some of us out there) caramel syrup works just as well.
Crush the nuts and layer them over the syrup of your choice and refreeze. To serve, allow the dessert to thaw a bit prior to attempting to remove it. Finish it off with a whipped topping of your choice.
Want a layered Peanut Buster?
Use only 1/2 the ice cream over the frozen cookie crust. After that has formed use 1/2 the syrup and 1/4 or 1/2 the crushed nuts. Repeat with the remaining ice cream, syrup and nuts. It adds an hour or two to the whole process but some folks like that ribbon of syrup and nuts floating through the center of their Peanut Buster.
Chocolate syrup recipes are easy to find but not necessarily easy and quick to make. This is the one I found that sets you up in a flash. Care of Cook.com
2 c. powdered sugar
2 (5.33 oz.) cans evaporated milk
2/3 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. butter
Directions: Combine sugar, milk, chips and 1/2 cup butter in saucepan. Boil about 8 minutes, stirring often. Cool 1 hour. Pour sauce over ice cream.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood