They were a sizzling duo on screen in the recent Mad Men season and now they've come out in public as one as well. Vincent Kartheiser (Pete Campbell) and Alexis Bledel (Beth Dawes) make a cute couple.
Mad Men's storyline for Pete Campbell included his very hot affair with housewife Beth Dawes, whose husband is a fellow train commuter of Pete's.
The scene in which Beth shows up at Campbell's office clad in a fur coat and a smile was one of the more eye-opening in a season full of shockers. Ultimately, Pete and Beth end their affair leaving Pete disaffected both at work and home. Read: season finale and Beth's fate.
The N.Y. Daily News splashed a photo on the landing page of its website today of the couple on a red carpet in Manhattan. They were attending the photo exhibition for The Macallan Masters of Photography at Bowery Hotel.
The first thing you notice whenever you catch sight of Kartheiser out of character is how his hair is never as combed and slick as it is when he plays Pete Campbell.
It's usually unruly and falling across his face. That was certainly the case in the photo as he stood next to Alexis Bledel.
Apparently it is their first appearance for the paparazzi but a fan was quoted in the Daily News saying she had spotted them at the airport in June being affectionate with each other.
Vincent Kartheiser has been acting in television and movies since he was a teen. At the age of 33 he has grown into his role on Mad Men. Pete is now experiencing some of the depression of his colleague Don Draper.
No longer living the child-free Manhattan high-rise life, Campbell is ensconced in the burbs and when he arrives home, wife Trudy is no longer walking around in designer wear as she cares for their baby.
For Alexis Bledel, the role of Beth the seductress is a significant departure from her previous television series experience on Gilmore Girls.
For eight seasons she embodied the role of Rory Gilmore, daughter of single mother Lorelai. She branched out into cinema during that stint, playing a variety of roles including that of a prostitute in Sin City.
Mad Men is currently between seasons and experienced its first loss at the Emmy Awards. Other than the year it was off the air because of a contractual dispute between its creator and AMC network, the show had garnered the Emmy for Best Drama.
It was looking for number five but lost out to the new and popular Showtime series Homeland. With the dispute settled and the show back on the air, fans can look forward to two additional seasons of show before creator Matthew Weiner wraps it all up.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally