The second season of Bravo's Shahs of Sunset has settled in with a focus on cultural ideas of facial beauty.
UPDATE---Mon. Dec. 10, 2012-----GG announced her engagement to former pal Omid and showed off her ring after the Shahs of Sunset episode last night. US Weekly has exclusive photos. Link posted below. Original story follows:
Shahs of Sunset carried forward the bad feelings from last episode's disastrous dinner introducing Lilly to the L.A. based Persians. Video posted below. Read: GG and Omid embarrass the Persians.
GG and friend Omid got stinking drunk and spewed profanity filled insults at Lilly and Asa. It began when Asa complimented Omid on his natural large nose. Unfortunately one would have to know Asa well to determine if she was ridiculing Omid or not.
Her tone of voice didn't make it plain. There was no smile, giggle or explanation that Asa the artist/self-styled Persian Pop Priestess has touted big, natural noses, particularly those of her Persian community.
Omid just met her and had no way to know she was toasting to a nose she truly loved. Roll the tape forward to this week's installment of the show and the attempt to settle differences.
In "The Persian Nose Business", Asa was as obstinate as GG about clearing the air, which didn't end well for anyone.
As the episode concluded another gathering, this time a pool party, brought argument, threats of physical violence and a scene in which GG went all gangsta' --- not a good look for her. Video of the worst of it posted below.
Many of us know someone who speaks his or her mind and because they speak their own truth are unwilling to accept that their words can hurt.
Asa is one of those people. She doesn't believe in sugarcoating her thoughts. What is worse is her refusal to believe she offended anyone.
It was that failing that set up the titanic pool party fight with GG. You have to hand it to little Miss GG. Post-intoxication she tried to smooth things over with Asa and others.
We learn she is a blackout drunk, or at least that is what she says. Remembering nothing of her crude behavior with Omid at the dinner party she accepted that some amends were necessary.
Omid and she got with Asa at the party. The Persian Pop Priestess' inability to concede that she hurt Omid, made things worse.
On top of that, GG started taking Asa's defense of her nose-love as an insult to her decision to get cosmetic surgery to reduce the size of her own nose.
Guess who sided with GG on this? Good old MJ a close pal of Asa. She came in for the wrath of her friend for merely understanding Omid and GG's confusion.
Ultimately Asa gave one of those non-apology apologies used by politicians or stars who blab about something without thinking, but still are of the belief they did nothing wrong.
That storyline dominated the hour-long episode, overshadowing MJ;s first ever visit to a therapist and Reza's "gay life crisis" as he put it.
One sweet story turned on Mike being bold enough to ask his current girlfriend of a few months to meet his family. Don't get too excited about it since they are Persian Jews and expect Mike to marry inside the faith and community.
Gotta give him credit for attempting it. Stay tuned for that scene. Link to US Weekly photo of GG's ring
Bravo airs new episodes of Shahs of Sunset Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m. ET. Image: Bravo/Shahs of Sunset, Asa Soltan Rahmati
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog