Dr. Sheldon Cooper finally got in touch with Christmases past and Santa took the brunt of his anger as The Big Bang Theory celebrated the holiday with some Dungeons & Dragons.
Who else besides the writers of The Big Bang Theory would have thought to use a holiday themed Dungeons & Dragons session to stand in for a therapy visit?
The object of the game that night was to rescue Santa after getting past a labyrinth of challenges.
Sheldon's aversion to all things Christmas dated back to early childhood after his grandfather died.
In a moment of introspection we rarely see, Dr. Cooper told his assembled nerd pals that he asked Santa to return his grandfather to him.
When he wasn't under the tree on the morning of December 25th, Santa became persona non grata and Christmas traditions were scorned.
When given the chance to rescue Santa as the last man standing in the game, Sheldon let him die. Yes, die.
Sheldon knew he was way off base when he had a nightmare in which Santa gets his revenge and it was harsh.
The sight of him singing all four verses of "Good king Wenceslas" was one to behold.
Quick note to Jim Parsons fans: tune into The Dan Patrick radio show, also simulcast on television, on Monday morning when Parsons drops in to talk sports with Dan and the gang. Link to the show's site posted below.
Meanwhile, the guys who were deep into the game missed out on being with their ladies, who decided to use the night to strut their stuff in party clothes and high heels.
Everyone except Amy of course who did her best approximation of the look --- you know like a different sweater and barrette in her hair.
Raj's lack of a lady love has gotten to the point where the girls decided to help him out.
When he got knocked out of the game early, he trailed along with them and inadvertently bonded with Amy.
They bonded over their rejections by the opposite sex. So much so that Raj came to find her attractive.
In a twist, Amy was happy about Raj's attraction because it made her feel good to be able to reject him.
Once again we didn't hear a thing about the "I love you" hanging in the air between Penny and Leonard. When the heck will the show deal with this?
Aren't we deserving of knowing where the relationship is going? Your thoughts please.
CBS airs new episodes of The Big Bang Theory on Thursday nights at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT Image: CBS/The Big Bang Theory
Link to The Dan Patrick show website, here.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna