David Beckham was tapped by Samsung to hype its Galaxy Note product in an ad set to run at the 2012 London Olympics. It is a bit of a departure from the typical product driven ad.
David Beckham lit the first London 2012 Olympic Torch with the Flame today as it now begins its journey to the site of the London Olympic games. It occurred on an airport tarmac in Cornwall after the Torch arrived from Greece.
The trip to the Olympics is expected to be an 8,000-mile (12,875-kilometre) journey around Britain, with a detour to also visit the Irish capital Dublin. It will culminate in the flame being brought to the Olympic Stadium for the opening of the Games on July 27.
Beckham was chosen as one of one of the faces of the company's Olympic involvement and he certainly is a recognizable face.
Rather than play around with the Galaxy Note, which he does only for two brief moments in the beginning and towards the end of the commercial, Beckham is instructed how to perform for the camera while a creative type demonstrates it on the device. Using the Galaxy Note's software, the commercial director draws on the face of a photo of the drums to demonstrate to Becks where he wants the balls to go and in what progression.
Then David Beckham does what he is best known for, bending a soccer ball to his will. Samsung has set rows of drums, hung on their sides to expose the drum skins.
As the ball goes into the skins via his foot, head, neck, chest, etc. the sound of "Ode to Joy" can be heard building in volume. At the end, Beckham is so happy with what he did that he autographs the photo and immediately posts it to Facebook. Enjoy. Image: Samsung Galaxy Facebook site.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims