On Monday night's The Voice, singers on Team Adam and Team Blake performed and public voting began. Watch video of some of the best from each team, here.
After tonight's show, Americans will once again vote for their favorites, this time on Team Cee Lo and Team Xtina. The results will be announced by host Carson Daly, during tomorrow's third live show of the week.
NBC's The Voice continues to outperform its competition in its regular time-slot on Monday nights.
This week's show, the first in the live playoffs, continued its strong pattern. According to the latest ratings report, carried by TV website Futon Critic:
"NBC ranks #1 on Monday night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 for a ninth week in a row, last night winning six of six half-hours among those networks.From 8-10:01 p.m. ET, "The Voice" (4.5 rating, 11 share in adults 18-49, 12.2 million viewers overall) delivered the #1 results of the night."
One of the big questions surrounding tonight's program is: What will Cee Lo look like? Update: Cee Lo went all patriotic on last night's show. He donned a crocheted poncho and beret in red, white and blue. And yes, he was coherent. Read: It's all about Trevin Hunte on Team Cee Lo
Monday, Green wore a wig of tight, gelled curls that fell onto his forehead and over his ears. Adam Levine remarked, "You look like the love child of Prince and Rick James."
All in good fun of course, but Cee Lo didn't seem to be in his usual fine form that night. He seemed inattentive and it was clear that Carson Daly noticed.
After singers performed, Green was rarely chosen to provide comments after passing on a chance to do so, with his attention turned elsewhere.
When he did speak, Cee Lo was tentative and sounded spacey. It was his first time in front of a live audience since last week's accusations of criminal sexual assault. Read about that, here.
With his team being front and center tonight, Cee Lo will presumably be more alert and ready to contribute. But what will he be wearing? It's always a kick to contemplate.
As we've seen throughout the three seasons of The Voice Green appreciates a performer who doesn't ignore sartorial splendor in his or her act.
Most recently, on Monday night's live show, 16 year-old Michaela Paige earned kudos from Cee Lo on her overall look, which included a Mohawk hair style of two colors, with some leopard spots inserted for an extra jolt.
We'll know in just a few hours but in anticipation of that, enjoy the video posted below from season one of The Voice, as Cee Lo gets on his best impression of Sly and the Family Stone.
Live performance show is aired on NBC tonight starting at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT and one-hour results show can be seen tomorrow, Thursday Nov. 8 at the same time. Image: NBC - The Voice
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles