Brett Favre, long-term fan favorite quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, seems ready to finally stay retired this year. It appears that some unseemly parts of his personal life are more to blame than the fact that he's not as fast on the field as he once was.
After Brett retired from the Green Bay Packers in March 2008, he then changed his mind and caused a lot of drama in Green Bay before ending up in New York, playing for the Jets.
It seems Brett, who at 41 and married with two children, certainly should know better, but he still spent lots of his off the field time chasing Jenn Sterger, who was an in-house sideline reporter with an uncanny resemblance to Mrs. Favre. If the story ended there, it would be typical for professional athletes with huge egos and deep pockets who feel they are entitled to whatever they want. But, here is where the story gets creepy. Apparently, Jenn spurned his advances, so he started calling and leaving text messages, even going so far as to send her pictures of his private parts and of him masturbating. Eeeeewww!
So, it seems the latest drama surrounding Ben is much uglier than the last one. Hopefully, he will slip away into private life and spend some time making up to his wife, Deanna, for this series of stupid transgressions, before he damages his wholesome reputation and stellar career any more than he already has.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)