Coldplay is taking their Mylo Xyloto tour Down Under.
It has been a busy week for the seven-time Grammy Award-winning rock band. Fresh off of releasing a new single, "Princess of China," which features vocals from pop star Rihanna, Coldplay announced plans to extend their ongoing Mylo Xyloto tour to Australia this week, revealing a series of dates set for later this year.
According to Chugg Entertainment, Coldplay will play a total of four special stadium concerts in Australia and New Zealand this Fall. It will be the first time in nearly three years that Coldplay will tour in Australia, with the last time coming in 2009 as part of the group's Viva La Vida tour.
"We can't wait to get back to Australia this November. It's such a special place for us. These venues are pretty huge, the Aussie crowds are always incredible and we'll be bringing everything we've got. It's going to be big," Coldplay vocalist Chris Martin said in a statement.
In the same release, Chugg Entertainment indicated that the upcoming Aussie leg will be something very special, and added that The Temper Trap and The Pierces will be supporting Coldplay in Australia and New Zealand.
"It's visually spectacular and they sound better than ever," says Chugg Entertainment's Executive Chairman, Michael Chugg. "It's a really exciting and rare thing in this business when you can see an act over several tours go from small intimate venues to outdoor stadiums."
Tentatively, only dates and venues in Australia announced, with show dates for New Zealand sets soon to come. Coldplay's 2012 Australia tour will begin on November 10th with an opening show at Mt. Smart Stadium in Auckland, followed by shows in Melbourne, Sydney and a final planned Down Under showcase at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on November 21st.
Tickets for Coldplay's Australian leg of the Mylo Xyloto tour are expected to go on sale to the general public on May 25. Find out more information about the band's music and tour at their official website.
Check out the full list of upcoming Coldplay Australia tour dates below.
Coldplay - 2012 Australia Tour - Concert Dates
November 10 - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland.
November 13 - Etihad Stadium, Melbourne.
November 17 - Allianz Stadium, Sydney.
November 21 - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.
Image credit: Wikipedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season