Citing an amazing three year run with the Seminoles, Florida State men's basketball player Chris Singleton announced he will enter the 2011 NBA Draft on Wednesday. Singleton used social media, going on the live-streaming network site livestream.com to make his announcement.
"I'd like to say that I am entering the NBA draft this year," Singleton said in the Livestream video feed shown on the Florida State Seminoles athletic department's Facebook Fan Page.
Regarded as one of the premier defensive players in the ACC Conference, and college basketball in general, the 6-foot-9, 225-lb forward will forgo his final year of eligibility with the Seminoles and will instead sign with an agent and enter the 2011 NBA Draft.
Though he has not signed with an agent yet, Singleton indicated that he will do so in the coming weeks. Should he not hire an agent, Singleton could potentially withdraw from the 2011 NBA Draft by May 8th, the deadline, per NCAA rules, for underclassmen to withdraw and retain their eligibility.
Singleton, along with teammate Solomon Alabi, previously declared for the 2010 NBA Draft following the 2009-10 college basketball season. While Alabi eventually remained in the draft – he was selected 50th overall by the Dallas Mavericks before being traded to the Toronto Raptors for cash considerations in a draft-day deal – Singleton used the process to test the draft waters and receive feedback before returning to school for his junior season.
The athletic forward was enjoying his best season at Florida State in 2010-11 before suffering a foot injury that forced him to miss six games late in the college basketball season, including the ACC Conference Tournament. He returned in the NCAA Tournament and helped the 10th-seeded Seminoles reach the Sweet Sixteen where they were knocked out by a surging Virginia Commonwealth team.
Appearing in a total of 28 games in 2010-11, Singleton averaged a team-high 13.1 ppg and 6.8 rpg to go along with 2.0 spg and 1.5 bpg. The junior also showed marked improvement with his shot and enjoyed personal bests in field goal, free-throw and three-point shooting percentages.
Singleton has been projected by numerous outlets as a potential 1st-round draft pick in the 2011 NBA Draft for much of this past year.
Photo credit: Wikipedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood