Legendary performing artist Prince will be making his way down under in 2012 for a brief Australian tour planned for May.
The iconic singer last made his way to Australia in 2003 and has made tour stops in the country only three times total during his career, but he'll be back in front of his Aussie faithful this May as part of a three-stop concert series.
Prince's Australian tour will kick off in Sydney with a show at the Allphones Arena on Friday, May 11th, followed by a show in Melbourne at the Rod Laver Arena on Monday, May 14th before finishing things up with a concert at the Entertainment Centre in Brisbane on Friday, May 18th.
While there are only three dates scheduled for the artist's Australian tour, Prince has been known to make impromptu appearances and performances at undisclosed clubs and other, smaller venues.
Tickets for all three shows are scheduled to go on sale on Monday, April 16th at 11am New Zealand time and can be purchased via Ticketek. Tickets are expected to start from $99. Tickets for previous concerts held at Madison Square Garden and other world venues have sold out in a matter of minutes and have set numerous box office records.
In terms of what Prince's Australian fans may be in store for, the singer hinted in a press release that he will be breaking out some of his most popular singles, including "songs deeply etched into the hearts of a generation and seamlessly tie together pop, funk, folk, and rock."
Some of Prince's greatest singles include Purple Rain, 1999, Controversy, When Doves Cry, Diamonds and Pearls, Nothing Compares 2 U, Kiss, Little Red Corvette, Cream and Raspberry Beret.
The artist also noted that there will not be any shortage of theatrics on the three-day Australian tour, and that Prince's "huge full scale arena production" will be making its way to each show. The production includes a stage with the ability to turn 360 degrees, along with light shows, lasers and many other features.
For more information on Prince's upcoming 2012 Australian tour, check out the artist's online community. See the full list of Prince's 2012 Australian tour dates below.
Prince 2012 Australia Tour - Concert Show Dates
Friday 11th May – Allphones Arena, Sydney
Monday 14th May – Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Friday 18th May – Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
Image credit: Wikipedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?
- Fish oil may prevent junk-food brain damage
- Fans request Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts, and get it
- 5 reasons to love wine spritzers
- The Sharks Come Out on The Chew and the Crew Gags