Two rising stars in the hip-hop world are banding together for a summer tour that aims to get you drunk off of their music. Rappers Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller announced their plans to co-headline a concert series dubbed the Under the Influence Tour this week, revealing a series of upcoming show dates.
The Pittsburgh natives have both churned out chart-topping albums over the past two years and will now be taking their signature, weed-influence hip-hop styles on the road as part of a North American tour.
"I'm really excited for this tour, for the fans and as a fan of music myself. It's gonna be trippy!" said Khalifa in a press release outlining the upcoming Under the Influence Tour.
Miller was equally exuberant about the upcoming series, saying, "I'm excited to go on a tour like this because it brings a group of individuals together to move across the country as a unit to showcase great music."
The upcoming North American trek will begin on July 26th with an opening night show at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. A total of nine stops have been revealed for the Under the Influence Tour, although there is a possibility that the series cold be expanded and more show dates will be added in the future. The Under the Influence Tour will tentatively wrap up with a show at the DTE Energy Music Theatre in Detroit, MI on August 5th.
Tickets for the upcoming Khalifa-Miller co-op will go on sale in a pre-sale capacity starting on April 19th. Pre-sale tickets are available to those who RSVP at www.facebook.com/livenation. The general public will have an opportunity to procure tickets starting on April 20th at 4:20, a nod to the sticky icky green stuff that both Khalifa and Miller are known to be fond of. So, be sure not to puff, puff, pass on these tickets as they are expected to go quick.
Khalifa dropped the album 'Rolling Papers' in 2011, which has since gone on to enjoy critical acclaim thanks to the megahit single "Black and Yellow," which has sole more than 3.6 million copies to date. Miller, who made over 200 apperances in 2011 as part of other major tours, released 'Blue Slide Park' in late 2011, which would go on to become the first indie album to debut at No.1 since 1995.
Check out the full list of concert dates and venues for Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller's Under the Influence Tour below.
Wiz Khalifa - Mac Miller Under the Influence Tour - Dates | Venues
7/26 – Cincinnati, Ohio @ Riverbend Music Center
7/27 – Chicago, Ill. @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
7/28 – Indianapolis, Ind.@ Klipsch Music Center
7/29 – Toronto, Ontario @ Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
8/1 – Boston, Mass. @ Comcast Center
8/2 – New York, N.Y. @ Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
8/3 – Philadelphia, Pa. @ Susquehanna Bank Center
8/4 – Pittsburgh, Pa. @ First Niagara Pavilion
8/5 – Detroit, Mich. @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
Image credit: Wikipedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles