It's been a busy year for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, who previously revealed plans for a new album, 'Wrecking Ball', and plans for an upcoming 2012 series. The legendary rocker made news again this week with the expansion of the ongoing Wrecking Ball Tour, adding extra concert dates in August and September.
The new Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band North American tour dates are slated to kick off following the conclusion of the band's European tour and will begin with a show at Gillette Stadium in Boston, MA on August 18th.
A total of 10 additional dates have been added to the Wrecking Ball Tour lineup, including two shows in Canada, one in Toronto and the other in Moncton. The tour is tentatively scheduled to conclude with three straight concerts at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on September 19th through the 22nd, although there is a possibility that additional dates will be added to the tour itinerary.
Springsteen had previously begun touring in the middle of March, around the same time that his new album, Wrecking Ball, hit store shelves. The group was previously touring along the East Coast, but made a detour to the Midwest last night to play at The Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit, MI. Up next, the band will return to New York where it will play at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, NY on April 13th, followed by a show at Times Union Center in Albany on April 16th.
Tentatively, the final North American show before Springsteen jets off to Europe is scheduled for May 2nd with a concert at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The E Street Band will also be making an appearance at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival which is slated for the weekend of April 29th.
Tickets for the newly added Wrecking Ball Tour dates are slated to go on sale as early as May 20th for select shows, with other dates becoming available later on in the month.
In addition to the new dates, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band also revealed a new video featuring a live performance of the song "Death To My Hometown." In the video, Springsteen is joined onstage by former Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello. Check out the video below.
For more information on Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's new album, check out the group's official website. See the full list of 2012 Bruce Springsteen tour dates here and check out the newly added Wrecking Ball Tour dates below.
Bruce Springsteen Wrecking Ball Tour - Additional Concert Dates
August 18 – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
August 24 – Toronto, ON , Canada– Rogers Centre
August 26 – Moncton, NB, Canada – Magnetic Hill
August 29 – Vernon, NY – Vernon Downs Raceway
September 2 – Philadelphia, PA – Citizens Bank Park
September 7 – Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field
September 14 – Washington, DC – Nationals Park
September 19 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
September 21 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
September 22 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
Image credit: Wikipeda Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?
- Fish oil may prevent junk-food brain damage
- Fans request Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts, and get it
- 5 reasons to love wine spritzers
- The Sharks Come Out on The Chew and the Crew Gags