ABC Family has some of its Christmas specials available on apps--a handy feature for folks without DVR, cable, or a whole lot of time.
The Mistle-Tones premiered this weekend with mixed reviews. Some loved it, some hated it, others will watch anything with one of the Mowry twins (Tia). To boot, Tori Spelling cast opposite anyone makes a superb antagonist. Mowry's character is rejected for a singing part, despite her awesome talent. In response, she creates her own group, The Mistle-Tones.
Today's ABC Family line -up:
5pm/4c A Miser Brothers' Christmas
The animated follow-up to "The Year Without Santa Claus" where the Miser brothers help Santa out, despite original plans to the contrary.
6pm/5c Jack Frost (1979)
Animated classic narrated by a groundhog.
7pm/6c Frosty's Winter Wonderland
Jack Frost returns to find a wife for Frosty the Snowman. Andy Griffith and Shelley Winters are voices in this animated classic.
7:30pm/6:30c Mickey's Christmas Carol
The ABC Family Channel is Disney owned, and a Christmas television countdown wouldn't be the same without Mickey Mouse and company.
8pm/7c The Year Without a Santa Claus
"I'm Mr. Heat Miser! I'm Mr. Hot!"
9pm/8c Home Alone
The Christmas classic with a cute kid, Macauley Culkin, who gets left behind at home alone during the Christmas holidays. Hard to believe, but fun to watch.
ABC Family has promoted its 25 days of Christmas since the1990s (Wikipedia dates the programming event back to 1996). Every day in December, until Christmas day, the station hosts programming especially for Christmas. Over the years, the network has developed the program into a major holiday event for stars of the networks hit shows, like Pretty Little Liars and Switched Before Birth.
Stars of the shows ice skated in New York for and posed at photo ops, in holiday celebrations.
ABC Family has hosted original movies every year since 2003. The network premiered "Despicable Me" a teen favorite over the weekend. Home Alone and various editions of "The Santa Clause" are running repeatedly throughout December during prime time.
"Home Alone" airs again tomorrow night, as will two versions of "The Santa Clause". The first airs at 7, and the third, "The Santa Clause 3: the Escape Clause" airs at 9.
To get a ABC Family's full schedule, click here.
photo credit: ABC Family
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog