The fashion industry collaborated today at Fashion Week to help 1.8 million US women veterans.
Fatigues to Fashion is a national campaign raising awareness on issues affecting military women. Fatigues to Fashion launched today at Mercedes Benz Fashion week. And Woman Warriors were dressed by American designers including: Bill Blass, Calvin Klein, Carmen Marc Valvo, Charlotte Ronson, Donna Karan and the Kardashian Kollection for Sears. In addition, Amy Oresman, Neutrogena Cosmetics Ambassador and celebrity make-up artist, created the looks for the F2F tribute fashion show.
To celebrate the F2F campaign launch, DKNYC unveiled a commemorative watch featuring military "dog tags" styling worn by each of the F2F veteran ambassadors during the event. The watch is available now for $ 59.95 exclusively through HSN.com and on HSN September 8, 9 and 11. For each watch sold, a $10 donation will be made to the campaign's non-profit partners, the Society for Women's Health Research and Give an Hour™. Both organizations are working to help women veterans with the challenges they face transitioning home.
Woman warriors, or female veterans, face the same challenges as men during the transition from the military to civilian life. Many women veterans face serious challenges obtaining housing, employment training as well as continuing psychological and physical helathcare. 70 percent of women vets need VA healthcare, but only 14 percent have access. F2F's mission is to initiate national dialogue on the issues affecting military women and raise funds to support research and services.
"Fashion is powerful. It's the zeitgeist that captures American's attention and can influence change unlike any other medium, which is why we are launching Fatigues to Fabulous at Fashion Week," says Ronnie Denn, Executive Producer, Fatigues to Fabulous. "Our women veterans have made significant sacrifices for our country and face serious challenges. Through fashion, we can raise awareness and important funding."
7 military veterans sported designer outfits today. Their photos can be accessed at Fatigues to Fashion's Facebook page.
Check out Serena Hayden, an army veteran deloyed to Iraq with the 3rd Brigade combat team and awarded the Bronze Star for her service; Director of Strategic Initiatives for I SUPPORT VETS, dressed in a red by CALVIN KLEIN
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims