There are so many wives reality shows on satellite and cable television.
“Hollywood Exes” captures rather sensitive and private women sharing their personal stories with television. Prince’s ex wife Mayte wants to date. She’s got her house. Her mom lives in the guest house. And all she needs is a man in her life that can exist outside of Prince’s reputation. She’s Appollonia after the fall. Meanwhile, clips of Tavis Smiley and Prince’s interview are rippling over the interwebs.
The buzz is mostly because Prince’s birthday was three weeks ago. Which similarly coincides with the premiere of VH-1's “Hollywood Exes” and “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta.”
Nicole Murphy, the ex-wife of Eddie Murphy and mother of his five children, was a scam victim. Scams and frauds happened a lot with Atlanta Housewife Sheree Whitfield. Sheree would offer to physically brawl with her scam artists. Nicole is hailed because she’s seeking to recoup her savings, rather than run and hide from embarrassment.
"Hollywood Exes" mirrors ever so delicately "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," a show facing an uphill battle to display charismatic African American women who can come off glowing after a serious clash in thinking or ideas. There is one white cast member in "Hollywood Exes." Jose Canseco's wife and she's not camera shy, a factor that helps reality stars get a lot more work.
Murphy’s financial scandal was public matter in real time. Perhaps because it was captured on film. Murphy said that she did the reality show because her brother-in-law asked her and she listened to his vision and liked it. Murphy said she wouldn’t have given a producer or director she didn’t know the time or consideration to do television.
Will Smith’s ex-wife spoke of being a stay-at-home mom until her son reached 19. She said she always wanted to stay at home and not take time away from her son. She also said that the results are good. For the most part she seems pretty happy with her life.
She and Nicole meet and they are good friends. Nicole tells Sheree Fletcher about the fraud. And we have to wait and see Sheree’s reaction next week. Most of the ex-husband’s, R.Kelly, Prince, and Eddie Murphy aren’t likely to appear on the show.
But Jose Canseco has a new idea. He wants to move back in with his ex-wife. Of course, reality television pays. So, Jessica has a little to think about. We can only hope she’s a careful decision maker.
R. Kelly’s ex-wife drove through L.A. for the first time. She’s left Chicago and wrestled with leaving her children to start a new life in Los Angeles. In a nutshell, her job is television and if she’s good, she’ll get a business going or she won’t. And then her fates would lie n the hands of casting directors and producers.
Hollywood Exes is a nice alternative to Basketball Wives. It’s a nice alternative to Bravo’s New Jersey Housewives and Mob Wives. It’s not likely that the drama that rises from heat and hot ground in Los Angeles is drama that the women have created.
These women are likely to find bonds in their similarly stressful situations as they arise. Except for Prince’s wife, they are women who, in most cases birthed and raised children of very wealthy celebrity men in Hollywood. Mayte Garcia bore Prince’s baby, a son named Boy Gregory. The baby died a week after birth. Not that she's mentioned it yet but it's too early to tell if Mayte wants children or will have them. She's has a lot of dogs. Pregnancy is a route that has changed the lives and perceptions of a number of female celebrity and reality stars.
Photo credit: VH-1.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood