Sadly, the Real Housewives of DC isn’t returning to television but Michaele Salahi has managed to stick around.
She, like a couple of other Bravo housewives and househusbands, has been in the studio recording. And now her work, “Bump It” is out and available on iTunes. And while the song promotes being hot and the center of the attention, the lyrics and the vocals are surprisingly forgettable.
Surprising because being forgettable isn’t a Salahi forte. Michaele performed “Bump It” for a Miami television audience yesterday morning. Surrounding by dancing girls in bad 80s hip hop outfits and accompanied by a rapper in socks and sandals, Salahi voiced over "Bump It".
And even though the performance was dismally sad, Michaele appears to have been having fun with it. And to give Salahi some props, the song isn't as bad as Countess LuAnn’s “Money Can’t Buy You Class.”
As a cast member of ‘The Real Housewives of DC” Salahi never seemed to have fun. Mary didn’t like her, Lynda didn’t like her husband, and British born Cat didn’t like anyone. Stacie, the most sensible housewife in the crew, seemed to recognize the comedic and controversial elements the Salahis gave to the show, and she welcomed both Tareq and Michaele.
The White House Dinner party crash incident irreconcilably turned the DC Housewives cast against the Salahis. The Dinner party crash may have been the root cause of the show’s demise. During the reunion episodes, none of the women seemed particularly keen on filming a second season if the Salahi’s were involved.
When the Real Housewives of DC was dropped, it’s fan base dispersed leaving Michaele Salahi and her husband Tariq plenty of room to jump on board the celebrity train that had formed as a result of the White House Dinner Party. The husband wife duo were interviewed on network television shows, CNN wanted to know who they were, Whoopi Goldberg and The View wanted them arrested. A congressional hearing and interrogation aired live on CSPAN. And in five minutes, the Salahis became really famous because they managed to meet the President of the United States and his Vice President and had a great time--despite the security breach.
So like all of the other Bravo reality housewives stars who have moved on past their relationship with Andy Cohen and the reality series, so goes Michaele Salahi with a single on iTunes. She’s a bony and frail blonde, born in 1965. She’s said to have multiple sclerosis a diagnosis she reportedly received almost twenty years ago. She's come out only recently in support of those with MS and a search for the cure. She doesn't regret the White House crash and would do it all over again. She shamelessly denies responsibility and she also opted out of a stint on VH-1s "Celebrity Rehab."
Most viewers of "The Real Housewives of DC" felt the Salahis were a shining example of the denial that accompanies addiction and mental health disorder.
Without the benefit of a reality show to fill in the details and with such sparse information on her Facebook page and websites, it is hard to know what motivates Michaele Salahi. From the looks of her performance on Miami TV yesterday, it is probably best to keep guessing or forget about it altogether.
You can watch "Bump It" performed somewhat live in Miami here.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles