London’s fashion police are reporting both Kate and Pippa Middleton wearing jeans “a lot lately;” while not opting for the usual chic shirts or designer dresses.
Recent media reports from London state that both Kate and Pippa Middleton are sisters who simply like wearing jeans. Other media reports noted Duchess Catherine Middleton’s “shifting style” – where she “throws on jeans” – as becoming a subject of debate in the fashion world because “Kate” is now viewed as the most famous woman in the world after her recent marriage to Prince William who’s in line to become King of England.
Kate and sister Pippa make headlines for simply wearing jeans
“Pippa Middleton opted for jeans this morning as she commuted to work in London,” reported popsugar.com Sept. 1.
“The younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, looked more casual than usual. Pippa’s hanging out in England following a getaway to visit with Kate and Prince William in Wales," popsugar.com added.
Meanwhile, Kate’s wedding dress has “attracted more than 354,000 visitors” since an exhibition of her dress went on display at Buckingham Palace’s new exhibition in London. "Over 500,000 are still set to pass through the display doors, before it eventually shuts on October 3. ‘This year has been our highest year to date,’ a spokesperson for the Royal Collection told the Daily Express. ‘The wedding dress has proved very popular,’” stated a Sept. 5 vogue.co.uk report.
Also, a recent ABC News reported that Kate “wore the same pair of J Brand jeans for three days straight while canoeing and rodeo-going recently in Canada.”
Vogue calls Kate an “ordinary fuddy-duddy” now for wearing jeans like commoners
While Vogue in the U.S. is unabashedly pro-top fashion for the wealthy and Hollywood celebrities, the U.K. version of “Vogue” seems to be even more focused on who’s wearing what and why. For instance, a Sept. 5 vogue.co.uk report noted that Kate was “a fashion icon while single,” but now is viewed as “an ordinary fuddy-duddy after he put a ring on it: how quickly things changed for Kate Middleton.”
"I think she's got a problem with eye make-up," Britain's grand dame of fashion, designer Vivienne Westwood, told the Sunday Times Magazine this week, while vogue.co.uk also reported this view of Westwood’s that “the sharp line around her (Kate’s) eyes make her look hard. Either she should be smudgy or wear none."
As for Middleton’s sense of fashion and style: vogue.co.uk added Westwood’s view that “it seems to me, that her image is 'ordinary woman.' Therefore, High Street shopper. And I just think she should be an extraordinary woman, wherever she gets her clothes from."
Moreover, ABC News recently reported that: "Kate Middleton is not Daphne Guinness," said Barney's creative ambassador and style columnist Simon Doonan, referring to the heiress known for her avant-garde style. "She is a public servant. She needs to look frumpy and friendly. That's part of her job description. If she started indulging herself with extreme high fashion, it would be a public relations disaster. People would send her to the guillotine."
In turn, the future Queen of England continues to keep a low profile in Wales where she lives with Prince William near a military base; while frequently spotted out shopping or posting a letter wearing blue jeans.
Image source of Kate Middleton wearing blue jeans in England: Wikipedia
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles