Criminals may think they can hide from justice in the extreme environments of Alaska, but Alaska Marshals deputies make sure these law-breakers don't stay on the run for long.
For all of those Alaska adventure lovers out there, Discovery Channel is premiering an exciting new special, Alaska Marshals, on Tuesday, November 13.
Some of the nation’s most hardened criminals are running from the law in Alaska, America’s last frontier. As one could imagine, it is a cold, unforgiving landscape—not an easy place to run, and certainly not an easy place to chase. Only the most highly trained deputies are tasked with the job of hunting down and apprehending these extremely dangerous fugitives, and that training includes expertise in wilderness tracking and survival.
Alaska Marshals will take viewers to a place unlike any law enforcement assignment they have seen in the past. Every year, hundreds of fugitives hope to escape the law in the barren Alaskan wilderness. However, this has not stopped the U.S. Marshal Service from successfully taking down over 2,500 criminals over the last decade, with a team of officers who have an assignment unlike any other in the U.S. Marshal Service. For most of the Marshals, Alaska is their home; hiding in these deputies’ backyard is not a path to freedom for these lawbreakers. According to the Discovery Channel:
The Marshals use their extreme outdoor training and conditioning to find their targets. Traveling by boat, plane, snow machine – whatever it takes – ALASKA MARSHALS shows the high speed chases through one of the most extreme environments in the marshal service and the risks these deputies face to bring justice once and for all.
Alaska Marshals premieres on the Discovery Channel on Tuesday, November 13, at 10 p.m. E/P.
Image: Discovery Channel
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles