Does the American Chopper logo, sans Senior vs. Junior, mean anything for the father-son relationship?
The Teutuls, Paul Sr. and Paul Jr., are coming back to the Discovery Channel on Sept. 3. The big question, however, is this: Are they coming back as American Chopper or American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior?
The tantalizing teaser for the upcoming season premiere, many viewers may have noticed, is for, simply, American Chopper. Senior and Junior are wearing their business T-shirts in the commercial—Orange County Choppers and Paul Jr. Designs, respectively—and no one would expect that either would give up the separate establishments they each have worked so hard to build into successful endeavors. But, could it be that they are going to stop fighting against each other this season and perhaps work as a team? As one cohesive American Chopper?
According to a recent article in The New York Post, the Teutuls are working together to try and repair the damage created by the three-year feud between father and son. And, fans will recall from last season that father and son were discussing building a bike together as a first step. Nothing was set when the season ended, but, according to separate interviews Paul Sr. and Paulie did with The Post, there is reason for fans to be optimistic that they could be working out their differences.
“It’s fairly early, but I have a good feeling,” Paul Sr. told The Post. “I think that, out of the last two-and-a-half years, this is probably the first time it seems kind of real.”
“You know what? For me it just became time,” says Paulie. “It’s been a long time, and a lot of bad stuff took place, and it was just like, something is gonna change or it was never gonna change. The hopes were to start this earlier, but I didn’t feel like my father was necessarily saying the right things in my direction. I kind of stopped waiting for him to change and said, ‘Let’s do it.’ ”
And, while both men agree that the healing is not going to take place instantly, they also both seem focused on trying to put hard feelings behind them and work on being father and son once again.
Read more of the exclusive interviews with Paul Teutul Sr. and Paul Teutul Jr. at The New York Post website.
What do you think the American Chopper logo means on the latest commercial for the return of the series? Do you think the father and son have reunited and are successfully rebuilding ties, or is it just a marketing ploy? Watch the commercial, and leave your thoughts on the upcoming season below.
American Chopper returns to the Discovery Channel on Monday, September 3, at 9 p.m. E/P.
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/YouTube
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season