It's true, Teutul fans: After 10 years of ups and downs, Discovery Channel has cancelled American Chopper.
After a solid 10-year run, the Discovery Channel has cancelled American Chopper.
“After 10 years and 233 episodes of incredible, riveting reality television, American Chopper will be ending its run,” said Eileen O’Neill, group president, Discovery and TLC Networks, Entertainment Weekly indicated. “This series was one of the very first family-based reality programs on television. Special thanks to Pilgrim Studios for over a decade of great producing. The Teutuls have given us really innovative bike builds and real drama since 2002. We wish both Orange County Choppers and Paul Junior Designs the best.”
Things have not been all roses for the production staff and the Teutuls, however, with the show’s executive producer Craig Peligian telling EW.com that he has mixed emotions over the cancellation, citing a lot of ups and downs. But, with the current season’s theme of the estranged father-son coming together to form a new business partnership, Piligian said, “I think the show has come full circle.”
The show returned recently to its earlier American Chopper format after being shot for a time as American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior. This season, when relations between Junior and the production team broke down, Piligian fired Junior and kicked him off the set.
“It’s a very tumultuous relationship, not only between the father and son, but between us as well,” Piligian told EW.com. “Junior and I would have it out, and at one point awhile back, I said, ‘We’re done with you.’” But, Piligian also indicated that they worked things out and Junior came back, allowing them to finish up this final season with him in the mix.
Fans can still look forward to next month’s American Chopper: The Revenge episode, scheduled to air from Las Vegas on December 11. The show will include Senior, Junior, Outlaw Garage star Jesse James and Fast ‘N Loud stars Richard Rawlings and Aaron Kaufman; Lynyrd Skynyrd is scheduled to appear, as well.
American Chopper: The Revenge is currently set to be the end of the road for the American Chopper series.
American Chopper airs on the Discovery Channel on Monday nights at 9 p.m. E/P.
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/American Chopper
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season