Father and son are jumping in with both feet, deciding to do an OCC-PJD production bike together; can it work, or will it tear them apart once again?
Is bringing the worlds of OCC and PJD together for a commercial bike build a good thing, or could American Chopper be heading back to Senior vs. Junior?
It had to happen sooner or later, the Teutuls deciding to get together and do a commercial bike project. As Junior has acknowledged, it is a risk for their newly developing father-son bond, but one he is willing to take for the sake of potential positives to be gained between them. And, Senior has indicated that he is fine with it, because he is in a different place, now, and it doesn't have to be the way it once was between them. However, is it too soon to be pushing the boundaries of their hard-won relationship that hard?
Too Soon to Combine Crews?
Last week, father and son brought their teams together to let them know that they were working on a venture together. And, although the teams seemed to be glad to see their former workmates as individuals, and everyone is happy for Junior and Senior personally, working together may not be exactly what they are up for as separate teams.
“I think the last time I saw Paulie was the day he got fired and stomped out of here,” Mike said in a camera cameo, “I’m really glad to see them both getting along and actually having a civil conversation.”
Paulie said that now that he has “distance emotionally,” he can be in OCC without having the negative feelings he once had. “There’s a detachment for me there,” he explained.
“Seems like things are going better for them,” Rick, who has always been a cheerleader for both Pauls, said. “It’s good to finally see some kind of connection with them.”
Hopefully, their new business venture will not put that fragile start in jeopardy.
Of course, if OCC and PJD are going to do a production bike, the crews had to know about it. But, that doesn’t mean that they have to like it, particularly the PJD crew. Cody, for one, referred to the gathering at OCC as “going behind enemy lines,” and later added, “I don’t want to work for OCC, I don’t, I’ll put that right out there. … Hopefully we can collaborate on something like a production bike, but I just hope it doesn’t go much further than that.”
Both Senior and Junior seemed hopeful, but the way they were talking over each other as they addressed the crews, it leaves questions right off the bat regarding whether or not they can actually both step back and take the lead on the project as a team. This week, according to the Discovery Channel, more of their take-charge personalities—particularly Senior’s—may be coming through on the project:
Senior and Junior start brainstorming the production bike, but the road is rocky from the start. First, the two bump heads when discussing design workflow. Then, when Junior leaves town, Senior hijacks control of the project.
Can the father and son work together, focusing on winning for the team and not on trumping each other? Or, will their new business venture be the end of their budding father-son bond?
American Chopper airs on the Discovery Channel on Monday nights at 9 p.m. E/P.
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/American Chopper
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season