Everything is working out to the good for the Teutuls on the Discovery Channel hit American Chopper, as they build a bond that may be stronger than they ever had in the past.
This week, things at American Chopper are getting personal between father and son—perhaps more personal than they were even before the legendary Senior vs. Junior feud.
“I think every time we’re up here it gets a little progressively better,” Senior said. “We’re starting to talk about some of our personal life. Which is interesting—I don’t even know if we did that before.”
There does seem to be a constant stream of chatter between father and son as they work together on their project.
“Again, I think it’s all about trust,” Senior continued. “And, I recognize the change in him, and I think he recognizes a change in me. And, I think that allows you to drop your guard a little bit and be able to talk about stuff like that.”
“I would be lying if I said I was surprised things are going well, but, you know, definitely, you don’t know going into it,” Junior said in a camera cameo. “Am I happy things are going well? Yes, I think that it’s a great thing. You know, I’m just opening it up. I feel like that it’s just a situation where I’m just kinda wide open. The idea that we’re up here, you know, working together, it kinda just puts things in a position where I’m just kinda just throwing it together. I really don’t feel like I can get hurt in this situation. And, on top of it, I don’t really have anything to lose. You know, if this works out, it’s everything to gain, really, nothing to lose.”
And, both seem to have realized that all they have done over the last few years is lose.
“You know, I think at this point, we went through so much BS, that it turned a page," Senior explained. "I think anger and being hurt and all that BS, I think that gets in the way, and doesn’t involve any clarity. So, I think that maybe this page, it will be a little bit different, and think that we can move on with life.”
And, as they left the shop for the day?
“Now, all there is left to do is do some fishin’,” son said to father as they headed out the shop door.
It’s about time.
American Chopper airs on the Discovery Channel on Monday nights at 9 p.m. E/P.
Check out this preview of tonight’s episode of American Chopper:
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/American Chopper
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog