Paul Sr. and Paulie had a good experience building a personal bike together; will their renewed relationship withstand a business endeavor?
The Teutuls in business together once again on American Chopper?
Well, not exactly, but they will be testing new waters for the newly reunited father-son relationship.
Paul Jr. has suggested that, as they both have secondary businesses just starting up—his in a publicity field, Paul Sr. with his new restaurant—that they help each other by letting Junior’s new business get a commercial together for the grand opening of the OCC Restaurant.
“Given the history with my father, the idea of maybe doing some business together, why would I wanna do that? That’s a good question. I’m asking myself that question. You know, the bike build went good together, and it just started to make sense for the next step. Is it a risk? It’s a huge risk. Could it affect our relationship in a bad way? It can, but, look, I took a risk doing the bike up at my father’s and it worked out good. So, life’s all about risks, and if you don’t take the risk, you never get the reward.”
But, the talk has leaned toward building a bike--maybe a OCC/PJD pair--together for commercial sale. As Senior pointed out, it’s a long process to do a production bike, but, as Junior added, that’s okay with him, because doing anything is a process.
“Yeah, you know, doing actually business with OCC, what possible things could go wrong?” Junior asked in a camera cameo. “I mean, what could go right? At the end of the day, it’s really a 50-50 situation. So, we’re gonna see. Can we get along, can we figure it out? This is the risk you take in life, and in business, and, you know, I think it’s time to take that risk.”
American Chopper airs on the Discovery Channel on Monday nights at 9 p.m. E/P.
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/American Chopper
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season