Working the night shift has the Lazy Gator getting gold around the clock as the season comes to an end on the Discovery Channel tonight.
When the ice is melting fast, it is time to get off of it, lest you be under it for good; that is what the gold-seekers of Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice are finding out this week as the season comes to an end in the finale tonight on the Discovery Channel.
The Lazy Gator crew is running on fumes as the season closes. The rotten ice has all of the crews hesitant about continuing to dredge, but the Lazy Gator is getting in that last push by working around the clock. In a Web Exclusive video, the night crew talks about how they are feeling as the season closes.
“I’m tired, hopin’ I’m not gonna fall asleep,” Jesse says. “You never know, but I feel pretty good. Got a couple of shots of ginseng in me, and a coffee. I have a Red Bull and a 5-Hour Energy for reserve. I ate a good meal earlier and I have something to snack on; I don’t see why I can’t pull an extra eight hours. … I did manage to get 30 minutes of sleep, so that was nice. I remember back in high school, I could stay up all night long, sometimes two days in a row, just because we could, play video games and stuff. So, I’m sure I’ll be able to handle it, for the money that we’re making.”
Good point; the Lazy Gator has been at the front of the gold count all season.
Shedding Light on the Night
Jacob takes the first dive of the night, as Jesse stays up top.
As the sun goes down, they try to get more light under the ice. Apparently the plan is to drill a couple of holes with the auger and drop some dive lights under the ice, to help brighten up the darkness. But, the auger is not cooperating—it seems to be as tired as the crew, and just is not performing. So, Jesse takes a shop light and lays it directly on the ice.
“How’s that brotha?”
“It’s pretty bright,” Jacob says. “It’s a little bit off, but it’ll be alright for right now.”
Jesse keeps trying to drop the dive lights using the sluggish auger, but at least the improvised fix will do the job in the meantime.
The season finale of Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice airs tonight, Friday, September 21, on the Discovery Channel at 9/8c.
Check out the Web Exclusive video, “Night Shift,” here:
Want to read more about Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice? Search “Bering Sea Gold” on Huliq!
UPDATED: 'After the Dredge' begins tonight
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood