Last night's episodes may have muddied the waters even more, pushing viewers to keep asking, "How much of this show is fake?"
Last night, Rebecca admitted to having a child before the production of TLCs Breaking Amish began.
"I do have a daughter. She’s 19- months old. I wasn’t with my ex when I found out I was pregnant," Rebecca said.
Her ex, she said, denied that the baby is his; but, is it Abe’s? So far, both are refusing to answer, but perhaps the question will be investigated more completely in next week’s continuation of the “Reunion Episode.” But, if this week's finale was any indication, the newlyweds aren't talking.
Beyond that question, Abe and Rebecca went a bit over-the-top this week regarding their bachelor/bachelorette party. Perhaps they did not know exactly what having such a party entailed, but strippers certainly are not unusual in the planning of such an event—not a reason to be calling hotel security to have people removed from the room, at any rate.
“It’s supposed to be a bachelor party, but they called in some strippers,” Abe told the front desk. Honestly, those people had to have been rolling with laughter when they got that call. They didn’t seem to send people rushing to the suite, full-on emergency mode, anyway.
Rebecca had barricaded herself and Abe in another room of the suite. “I don’t know who in their right mind would be a fan of a stripper,” she said to the camera. “What is wrong with people? Go to church! If you feel the urge to go strip, go to church!”
A bit of an overreaction, perhaps? Maybe they didn’t really get the concept of a bachelor/bachelorette party? Of course, no, every bachelor/bachelorette party doesn’t include a stripper, but, really, barricading yourself into a room because there was a stripper at a bachelor/bachelorette party?
“Everybody has been disrespecting us this whole time, and I’m done with it!” Rebecca yelled at Sabrina through the door. Moments later, “I have a daughter!” she yelled as they walked out of the suite. “I don’t need naked people in my @@@@@@@ face!”
You Have a What?
The daughter thing was apparently a surprise to the cast, as well.
Abe refused to talk about it further in a camera cameo, telling the producer, “I refuse to talk about it. Either you take that or I leave.”
And, they refused to answer Jeremiah's question regarding who the father of the little girl is, Abe saying, "That's kind of a private matter," and Rebecca adding, "We just don't talk about it, because that's not a question that needs to be answered."
Makes one wonder, however: If Rebecca really did not tell her husband-to-be that she had been married previously, when did she tell him that she had a baby, and how did she explain that?
How much of this "reality" show is just straight-out lies?
Rebecca said that she did not want her daughter to be doing what that [bleep] was doing, referring to the stripper; perhaps a hard look in the mirror—or at videotape footage of her own behavior and language—would be in order, as well, if she is concerned about potential negative influences on her child.
Just a thought.
Next week, the Breaking Amish "Reunion Episode" continues on TLC at 10 p.m. ET. Will Breaking Amish get a Season Two? Well, that is yet to be confirmed one way or another, but one thing is for certain: The show has garnered big ratings for the network.
Video: TLC/Breaking Amish
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog