Hurricane Sandy was dubbed the "perfect storm" after hitting the East Coast with all its might; Discovery Channel series Curiosity explores how the megastorm came together and how people's lives were affected.
As the Northeast continues to reel from the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, Discovery Channel series Curiosity looks into what caused the powerful storm, and what lessons have been learned from its effects—thus far.
Millions were affected by the floods, fires, blackouts and mass evacuations connected to Hurricane Sandy, one of the most treacherous weather events to hit the United States. In the aftermath of the storm, questions have been streaming from both relevant professional sources and the general public alike: How did Sandy become such a powerful storm? Were there any better predictors that could have given us more warning? And, what lessons have we learned? Curiosity episode “Megastorm” seeks to try and answer these questions and others this Sunday.
Using on-the-ground expert analysis and CGI and satellite imaging, Curiosity explores how distinct phenomena combined to create the “perfect storm,” and how we can go about preparing for such a storm in the future. Additionally, “Megastorm” will take viewers inside the storm with footage captured by people on the ground, everyday citizens trapped by the storm, using their own cameras and smartphones to record the phenomenon swirling around them. Survivors will also share their stories, and recount how they felt having their cities engulfed by Sandy, with some relating how they narrowly escaped with their lives.
"Megastorm," airing Sunday, Nov. 18 at 9 PM E/P on Discovery Channel's CURIOSITY series in the US and then across Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America, follows the action hour-by-hour from the hurricane's formation in the Caribbean through its intensification in Cuba to the devastation across the East Coast.
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/Curiosity, "Megastorm"
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?
- Fish oil may prevent junk-food brain damage
- Fans request Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts, and get it
- 5 reasons to love wine spritzers
- The Sharks Come Out on The Chew and the Crew Gags
- Justice served: 'food porn' photo lands ID thieves in jail
- 105-Year-Old Granny's secret to a long life: Bacon, and lots of it
- Countries with most fast food restaurants have highest obesity rates