My Three Wives airing as a one-hour special this month on TLC.
Fans who loved the Dargers on Sister Wives this week will be excited to learn that TLC will be airing a one-hour special on December 18, My Three Wives, featuring the family.
My Three Wives, while still not listed as a series on the TLC website at the time of this writing, has been cited as a “one-hour special” by the Dargers, and is on the TLC schedule. The Dargers posted the following message on Facebook less than 24 hours previous to this writing:
It is official, TLC will air "My Three Wives" a 1 hr special we filmed at the same time we filmed the guest appearance on Sisterwives on Tuesday, December 18th, 10PM ET.
Will that translate into a full-time series to follow? There is still no official word on the life of a potential My Three Wives series, but it is looking more and more like that is direction in which the Darger-TLC relationship is moving.
According to TLC, the special will introduce viewers to the “original ‘Big Love’”:
Joe Darger married his wife, Alina and the very same day also married Alina's cousin, Vicki. Joe's third wife is Vicki's twin sister, Val. Take a step inside the original "Big Love" and meet the polygamist family that started it all.
For those who may not be familiar with the Dargers, Joe Darger is married to three wives: Alina, Vicki, and Vicki’s twin sister, Val. In fact, Joe married Alina and her cousin Vicki on the same day—unprecedented even in polygamist culture, TLC indicates. The family lives in one home, with one husband, three wives and 23 children. And, some of the children are not only “coming of age,” they are presenting their parents with some uniquely modern situations, such as Joe discovering via Facebook that his daughter is engaged.
Stay tuned for more of this introduction to the Darger family on December 18, when the one-hour special of My Three Wives airs on TLC at 10 p.m.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles