While many are nervously preparing for the end of the world on December 21, 2012, Huliq is wishing its readers happiness and blessings in the coming new year.
Doomsday. December 21, 2012. Or, so indicates the Mayan calendar, and so many who seem to believe its prophecies. To that end, Destination America has planned a series of special episodes looking into a potential doomsday disaster and what the fallout from such a scenario could entail.
Shows in Destination America’s “Doomsday Week” lineup are scheduled to include the following:
- HIDDEN IN AMERICA: DOOMSDAY CULTS
One-Hour Sneak Peek Premieres Sunday, December 9 at 9 PM E/P
As 12/21/12 approaches, Destination America takes a rare inside look at fascinating subcultures that are shrouded in mystery. With unprecedented access, DOOMSDAY CULTS features never-before-seen first person accounts to reveal some of the most notorious sects in history. Survivors of the Jonestown massacre tell their shocking stories while the children of Montana religious leader Elizabeth Clare Prophet break ranks to explain what it’s like to grow up under her restrictive regime. Apocalyptic experts also uncover the psyche that drives these so-called “malignant pied pipers,” and cult de-programmers share what it takes to break free.
- HIDDEN IN AMERICA: AMERICAN MILITIAS
One-Hour Sneak Peek Premieres Sunday, December 9 at 10 PM E/P
AMERICAN MILITIAS investigates the codes, culture and conflicts of the growing number of heavily-armed militia prowling America’s backwoods. Militias have a long lineage in America, dating back past from the Wild West to the American Revolution. Today, numbers of militia are booming, up 700 percent in just five years. But what exactly are they preparing for? Militias have long been associated with right-wing and white supremacist groups, but many modern militia men claim they’re just average American citizens sticking up for their hard-fought rights. With gun-laws and doomsday preparations being some of the hot topics in the country today, AMERICAN MILITIAS goes behind-the-scenes with these self-appointed defenders of the nation to reveal just how far these proud patriots will go.
- ARMAGEDDON ARSENALS
One-Hour Sneak Peek Premieres Thursday, December 13 at 10 PM E/P
Some people think that the end of the world as we know it is right around the corner, and they’re making sure they can survive in a post-apocalyptic world. Join retired Army Ranger, Tim Abell, as he meets three weapons-savvy prepper families. Unveiling their extensive, and often shocking, weapons caches, viewers will discover what drives them to such extreme preparations. ARMAGEDDON ARESNALS explores the harsh realities and frightening probabilities that their prepping may be beyond paranoia if, and when, society comes violently unhinged in the city or the ‘burbs.
"That Day and Hour Knoweth No Man"
It is a good idea, most would agree, to be prepared in case of day-to-day disasters, natural or otherwise. But, fearing the destruction of the world based on the Mayan Calendar? Perhaps a better strategy would be to remember the words of Jesus Christ regarding His return, as recorded in Matthew:
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Matthew 24:36-39)
Would the Mayans have a knowledge greater than Christ Himself?
Undoubtedly they would not.
Merry Christmas to all of Huliq’s many readers, and a happy and blessed New Year, as well.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood