A new season of Doomsday Preppers begins on NatGeo, and the preppers features could not be more different from one another, but all have a common goal: surviving disaster.
Tonight, a new season of Doomsday Preppers begins on the National Geographic Channel, and the night starts with a teenager fearing economic anarchy and a former racer worried that the danger looming is biological.
Meet Jason Beacham, a 15-year-old boy from a small town in Missouri who has been prepping since age 11. Jason fears anarchy following economic collapse. Big Al is a musician based in Nashville, Tennessee, who has a secret bug-out location in the mountains of the west. He fears a nuclear attack from Russia. Braxton Southwick is a former professional racer who lives with his wife and their six children in a suburb outside of Salt Lake City. He is prepping for a biological terrorist attack.
Meet Jason and Braxton:
Always Have a Backup--and Another Backup
“You Can’t Let Evil Win” follows at 10 p.m., and features prepper Johnny O, who believes you can never have too many backups. According to NatGeo:
Some American families have drastically altered their lifestyles in order to survive what they fear will be the end of the world. Johnny O fears a terrorist attack on nuclear power plants, and his prepping philosophy is always having backups for your backups. He is a husband and father of two who lives with his wife and his wife's twin sister, who also knows their bug out plan.
In an interesting point of view, Johnny O sees his wife’s sister as a “backup parent,” just in case the worst happens to his wife.
“There’s contingency of family there. You have to have people that you trust. Lara trusts her sister, I trust Lara, the family comes first, the contingency of family goes on.”
Doomsday Preppers airs tonight, Tuesday, November 13, on National Geographic Channel. The first episode begins at 9 p.m., and will be followed by the second new episode at 10 p.m.
Image: National Geographic Channel
Video: National Geographic Channel/Doomsday Preppers
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles