What better way to start off the New Year than to begin preparing for an upcoming disaster on National Geographic Channel tonight?
It is a new year for prepping, and the Doomsday Preppers on National Geographic Channel are getting things rolling tonight, January 1, 2013.
Tonight, fans will watch as three New Yorkers plan escape routes out of the city. Sandy has raised awareness in the area, and people from all walks of life are now more understanding of how important it is to have an escape route planned in the event of an unforeseen emergency. According to NatGeo, viewers will meet the following Doomsday Preppers tonight:
- Margaret Ling is the single independent city woman living in New York City. She is the modern urban girl who loves her lattes, hot yoga and shopping around the streets of NYC, except she is preparing for a massive super hurricane that will destroy her city. Margaret trains with a knife-fighting expert, Matan as he helps her escape the city through an intense bug out drill.
- Jay is the New York Family man prepper originally from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. His family now lives in the in Manhattan and he believes that New York City is due for a terrorist attack, and his main focus is planning to get his family to safety at their bug out location.
- Cameron Moore is a laidback college student preparing for medical school. He is also preparing for the meltdown of the Indian Point nuclear power plant, less than 40 miles from New York City. He fears that radioactive fallout will cause irreversible harm to people living in the city. He plans to make his way from Brooklyn to the Hudson River, where he will paddle in his inflatable raft to New Jersey.
On tonight’s second episode of Doomsday Preppers, “Prepared Not Scared,” fans will watch as NatGeo cameras take them South, to Virginia and Florida. According to National Geographic Channel:
- Christine is your typical suburban mom living in a nice neighborhood in Virginia. She is married and home-schools her two young daughters, while also preparing them for a mega tsunami, which she believes will wipe out the entire East Coast of America. Christine has her own prepping website, sells self-reliance foods and enjoys hosting prepping parties with other women around the neighborhood. But once a tsunami hits, she plans for her family to bug out by raft to safety.
- Bryan Smith is a prepper living in the subtropical climate of rural Florida. To protect his family, Bryan has decided to install an underground bunker. With the help of his childhood friend and fellow prepper, Ron Hubbard, Bryan is building an underground shelter to protect him from the effects of a looming economic collapse. He is growing tobacco and sugar cane to use as barter and is also manufacturing his own ammunition. Ron is a steel manufacturer in Los Angeles who builds bunkers professionally and has agreed to build a custom one for Bryan.
Doomsday Preppers airs on National Geographic Channel tonight, January 1, 2013, beginning at 9 p.m.
Image: National Geographic Channel
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season